Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Insanity is only what you make of it

I had assumed I would be receiving an aussie puppy today as my director was going to the shelter to pick out some dogs and I had requested one of two aussie pups they had.  Both these dogs were on hold (in process of being adopted).  You would think that was the end right?  Well, she happened upon what she is calling (you never know until you see it with your own eyes) a pure breed aussie that is a blue merle.  She called several times but of course, I was asleep.  I called her back in the afternoon and she said she hadn't pulled the dog for me because she didn't know for sure that I would take it.  I told her to call the shelter and I'd pick him/her up tomorrow.  I know, I must be insane to take in yet another dog.  If he's as eye catching as she is leading on, I won't have him more than a month.  I just feel like I have to do something while I'm waiting on Princess to get an adoption.  I really hope I don't end up with her for a long time.  At least she gets along with all my other dogs though.  The aussie I'm getting tomorrow is approximately five months old, naturally docked tail.  Not sure whether it's male or female or if it has blue eyes.  I told her yes before she even gave me much details.  Go figure.  This was not something I cleared with my husband beforehand so he is a little annoyed with me.  I figured I'd bring home a cute cuddly puppy and he wouldn't be able to say no.  I didn't expect to have a half grown dog.  I also have to pick up two chinchillas while I'm there.  NOT for me.  Another girl has offered to foster them.  I'm just picking them up since I'll already be out there.  It is my opinion that chins are evil creatures just waiting for the right moment to ripe out our jugulars.  They just have a sneaky way about them.  I'm not afraid of them but that's not to say I'm their biggest fan either.  So as of tomorrow I will own seven of my own dogs and foster two others bringing my total to nine.  Do you think that's a little over the county ordinance of three animals per household?  *grin*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is alot of dogs!  I have seen chinchillas but never had much experience with them.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Just slightly over the limit - what would happen if they took issue with it?  Good luck!!
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Chinchillas have that evil eye thing going. I'm happy your getting the Aussie I know you wanted to rescue at least one of them. I'm sending an email your way....from one animal lover to another. You'll understand when you read it. (Hugs) Indigo