Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What's better than liquor and chocolate?

I LOVE Bailey's Irish Cream.  Not long ago they came out with caramel flavor added to it.  Two of my favorite things in one bottle?  Sold!  I always make shakes (first without alcohol) I pour a glass for Jasmine and then I add a ton of Bailey's and blend it together.  It's the best tasting thing and I would drink it all day if it were non-alcoholic.  (I don't drink it for the alcohol but the flavoring, if anyone knows where I can get that same taste without the alcohol, let me know!!)  Tonight as I was preparing to bed, I had a strong craving for a Bailey's milkshake BUT wasn't about to use the blender at 3am, not only because I'm not a lush but also because I didn't want to wake up Jasmine.  You know how a cat is to a can opener?  Yeah that's Jas with the blender.  I swear she circles my ankles and everything.  At any rate, I decided what the hell, I'll just have a sip, straight.  Have you ever seen that clip of the skunk that gets stung on the nose by bees and then it spends the next fifteen minutes pawing at it's face and shoving his nose in the dirt?  Yeah that was me about two seconds after the Bailey's hit my tongue.  First it was, mmmm, Bailey's.  Then, what the hell?  I cin't fill muh tingue!  Oh shit, I just swallowed.  Uh oh, now this rancid liquid is invading my esophagus and I swear it's even in my lungs.  Get it off, get it off!  Now, you would think I would've learned my lesson but just like the stupid skunk, I went back for seconds.  This time I added a tiny bit of milk.  Yeah that's going to fix it such a small amount of milk that a mouse would've turned up it's nose.  Needless to say, the Bailey's met the sink.  And my tongue still doesn't feel right.  No, I don't do straight liquor normally.  Could you tell?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO...this is funny!  You better stick with the shakes, no matter what the time of day.  Just don't mix up the glasses and end up drinking Jasmines virgin and her with your Baileys!!!  ;)
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh I drink it straight on ice.  Love it, I haven't tried the caramel flavor.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Sounds terrible ... but then again, I don't think I'd like the shake too much, either (am not a big Bailey's fan).  I hope your tongue recovers soon.
Best,
Marty