Monday, March 31, 2008

Thankful that it's been quiet

Been going to bed early for once so I haven't been spending as much time online at night.  I need to catch up on almost all of my journals that I read.  I've also had a very mild cold, another reason for ealier bed times. 

Rodeo seemed to be in a quite a bit of pain yesterday.  He's on two different pain medications and an antibiotic.  I think he feels slightly better today.  The bite on the inside of his thigh is severely bruised and red.  The top one is just now starting to turn purple from bruising.  He really hates the E-collar.  I take it off a couple times a day for about ten minutes to let him be free of it but he becomes obsessive with licking his wound so it goes back on.  He's still constantly looking at me very pathetic.  He's slept in the bedroom every night since it happened.  He wakes everyone up at least once an hour from running into the wall with his E-collar.  I'm looking into having a bully breed rescue take in Rocky.  At the very least, I have one agreeing to put him on their website and petfinders for me and do all the adoption paperwork. 

It's been raining like the world is coming to an end all day today.  Go figure, as soon as I'm getting ready to take Rodeo out to potty, it starts thundering and lightning.  Apparently, Princess is TERRIFIED of thunderstorms.  She was running back and forth in the backroom, jumping on the dog crates and my washer/dryer.  I couldn't get her to go in a crate so she just continued like that till it stopped.  I will have to update her profile so note that whoever takes her must have a crate for t-storms and the 4th of July.  Otherwise she's going to tear up someone's house.  We're supposed to get some really strong winds tonight so I'd better go latch the cat house so the door doesn't fly open.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Sounds like it never ends.  It would all be enough to make me go to bed early, too ... !  I hope all the animals weather the storm OK!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Princess should get a small sedative, it helped get my Buddy over his fear of storms.  I guess he realized he made it through them so now he isn't nearly as bad.  He was the dropped off dog and I suspect he was outside most of the time, so he probably was out in them.  
xx
Lisa