Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I got the fever

I'm having a woe is me kind of evening.  I was fine all day till I did the check book.  I just have to tell myself that someday it won't be like this and we will get through it.  We'd be in a better situation if it weren't for all the food I eat.  ;)  Seriously, I may only weigh 112 but I L.O.V.E. food.  It's my weakness.  If my tummy starts to growl, it's all I can think about.  And the longer it growls, the snippier I get with anyone that comes in contact with me.  I act like it's their fault that I'm hungry and they should DO something about it.  Once my stomach has been fed I regret the money spent.  Bad tummy, bad.  We also have the extras that we could live without, the direct tv, dsl internet, more animals than a small petting zoo.  Ok, so I could live without a *few* of the animals but most I would throw a tizzy if I was forced to part with them.  (I was once again looking into pit bull rescues... it's not promising so I'll have to work with him... a LOT more)

I cannot wait till this chilly weather goes away.  The little old lady who I helped with her leaves has flowers coming up.  That's got to be a good sign.  Oh, and I saw TWO robins today.  Not just one but TWO!  We've got some flowers starting in the back but I'm not sure what they are since my grandma planted them.  The only ones I planted that actually bloom are a few tulips and hyacinths and who knows if they'll do it two years in a row.  I think I'll get some crocus bulbs this fall and plant them instead as they seem pretty hardy.  I can mix up the colors a bit.  I just wish they lasted longer.  They're like fireworks... oooooh pretty... oooh gone.  There are a lot of flowers I would like to try my hand at but they're a little on the exotic side and I have more of a brown thumb than green.  I'm planting my garden in the front yard this year.  (did you hear the large groan from everyone in my family?  NOT in the FRONT yard!)  I don't WANT to do it there but I have little choice.  We have seven dogs and typically one foster (I'll only take two if they're both small to medium in size and house trained) and they just destroyed my garden last year.  We had some pumpkins come up and my husband mowed over their vine so they died.  The dogs ran through the garden area so much that it was just weeds.  If I don't get anything in the front yard this year (I would really just like a few good sized pumpkins) then I may not do it again the next year.  I always wanted my own garden.  I would ask if I could plant one at my mom's but there was never an *appropriate* designated area.  *grin*  She has two acres, most of which is devoted to the horses and dogs.  The only area open for gardening was the front yard and I got a resounding no.  Therefore it was something I really looked forward to our first summer here but the dogs ruined it all to hell.  I also need to stock up on some weed killer.  The back corner of my yard has been overtaken by this ivy like plant (NOT poisonous) and I'm ready to kill it off.  Last year when I was killing the weeds that had popped up throughout the yard, I just used whatever was in the garage, without looking at the label and after using it pretty much anywhere I ever thought I saw a weed.  I decided to read the label... kills weeds AND grass.  Whoops.  Lucky for me we had a drought and all the grass died anyways.  ;)~ Will be more careful next time.  I'm also thinking of cutting down all the bush like things by the back fence.  They make it a pain in the ass to get anything done back there and it's like we're missing out on a part of the yard because you can't DO anything back there.  I have a bush that I cut all the limbs off sitting by my back steps.  *evil grin* It's getting a bit wobbly, like with a little *strong* pulling, it may come loose.  I'm going to put Rocky on the tie out and tie it around that damned bush.  Sit back, and watch who wins.  I want to replant there with a pretty flowering bush but I obviously have to wait till that one is out of my way.  The bush that was there was just... ugly.  The bush I want is pretty with light pink blooms.  Wow, I just realized how much crap I wrote about plants.  Spring fever has hit me full blast this evening apparently. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I wonder whether you have any community gardens where you are.  Around here there's one where you can get a small plot for your own garden ... it's a good option for people who want to plant a garden.  In exchange for a small plot of land to plant your stuff on, you just have to agree to a certain number of hours of community gardening (weeding common areas, etc.).
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Yup you got it bad!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I love food too and eat whatever, whenever....I even find myself getting up through the night to snack!!! I Thank God I don't gain weight cause I love my snacks!! :)  I can't wait to get out in the garden, I love flowers & the green all around.  I'm glad you finally saw robins - that is a good sign!!
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I think I put on a good seven pounds through the winter, but having the flu erased it all plus an extra five pounds.  Only good thing about that damn bug!

Russ