Saturday, March 1, 2008

Dear Princess

I've had Princess only an hour and I can already tell a few things about her.  She was not well cared for.  I don't believe she had ever been in a house.  When I turned on the ceiling fan, she ducked.  Walking through our house she seems confused about things like the couch and tv noise.  She has permnant scars on her ears from where flies have bitten her.  She has evidence of scarring throughout her body.  She is fearful of the human hand to the point that just slowly reaching out to her causes her to cower.  I let her out to go potty and had a great deal of trouble getting her to come back to me.  I think for a while she will have to be on a tie out.  She seemed to be trying to find a way out of the yard.  She's a beautiful dog but I think I'll have her a while longer than expected.  She needs some work learning that not all humans are bad.  She seems more fearful of men than women but she's still just scared all around.  She will be getting a great deal of TLC while she's here with us.  I just feel awful for her.  I can't KNOW what she's been through but I have a pretty good idea.  Left out to deal with the flies and summer heat.  Poor girl.  All I know is that her life will be better from this point forward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sad, I'm glad you got her to foster.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
It sounds like Poor Princess has had to endure worse than flies and being left outside.  I sometimes wonder how people can be so cruel to animals ... but, sadly enough, some people are full of hate.  I hope Princess responds to your TLC.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

This makes me so sad, but happy to know with your TLC and understanding her days of living in fear will be over.  Poor little girl.
xxx
Lisa