Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sharp Dressed Man

Lately, I have been looking at houses that will probably never be in my price range.  (never say never right?)  It's fun to look and imagine what your life would be like if you lived in a house like that, had a life like that.  I almost always look within the school systems that I would like Jasmine to go to.  The second most expensive houses in one of those school systems caught my eye.  This is not what I would normally find attractive in a house.  In fact, the whole reason I clicked on it was because I thought omigod, how hoity toity is that?  But the views from this house where just unbelievable.  Who wouldn't want a house on lake Michigan.  It looks like you live on the ocean but you never have to worry about a hurricane (east coasters) or earthquakes (west coasters).  It's even highly unlikely that you would have a tornado that would produce anything other than a few downed trees and high winds.  I wish these sights would bring out the best in me instead of the worst.  When I saw this house my first thought wasn't wow, it was more along the lines of why not me?  Why does this rich sob get to live in a house like that?  He's probably a lawyer who makes his money off screwing the innocent.  (usually insurance lawyers, not the defense attorneys)  I began thinking the worst of these people.  How I'm sure they've never done a nice thing for anyone in their life.  Then I tried to tell myself I don't know them and they could be an elderly couple that worked their entire lives to have a house like that and then when they could finally afford it, they realized they couldn't care for a house that big with that much land.  For whatever reason, my envy and jealousy turns me into a very mean, hateful person.  I don't like feeling like that and I think that's why I try and tell myself that these could very well be well meaning, great people.  I think how unfair it is that I will never have a view like that, land like that or a house like that.  And then common sense kicks in and says 'Look whiney ass, you chose this life.  You chose to be a stay at home mom, not go to college and marry a man that chose not to go to college.  Put on the big girl panties and shut the hell up.'  Of course the other part of my brain just says 'But, but, but, it's just NOT fair!' (this is the link to the house... Listings Search > Cressy & Everett Real Estate) I've met very few people with money that are genuinely good people.  I know they're out there but it's really damned hard to find them.  And then the few that I'm friends with that have money (you know who you are missy), I don't look at them like that.  I don't see the money because I only see the good that they do for themselves as well as for others.  The woman I got all my aussie's from, has money but I don't see her that way either.  She's nice, great personality, loves animals, her kids, etc.  And it took them a long time to get where they are and while getting to that point, they struggled.  Just so everyone knows in advance, I will NEVER be to proud to take a million dollars from you.  ;)~

Something else I've realized while looking at these houses, is that no matter how great the house and land are, I don't think I could purchase a house that had dead animals hanging from the walls.  It's a big turnoff for me.  I don't think I would ever forget where those animals were on those walls.  One house was just covered with them.  Each wall had at LEAST three deer.  (one room was literally deer after deer on the walls) In the kitchen there was what I believe to be a black bear.  Another room had what appeared to be a wolf.  I just could never live in that house.  The people who lived there also fed the deer in the backyard.  Gee, can't imagine it was just good will.  I think living somewhere like that would give me nightmares and leave me crying for those animals that had been put on the walls as decorative items.  Put on the wall to show the size of some mans penis and ego.  Good job, you can kill an animal with a gun.  An animal that you left bait out for and then fenced in most of the property.  Yes, you're a big man.

Once again, I've done something I will regret or my husband will make me regret.  He's unaware of this as of yet.  Why tell him something that I don't know for sure is going to happen?  I got an urgent email this evening from the rescue.  It was concerning a dog that is set to be euthanized on Tuesday of this coming week.  Our director normally makes it a point NOT to forward these as we get tons of them daily.  I don't know what made her stop with this one.  He's a big ole boy.  It's hard to tell what he really looks like under his coat.  The petfinder ad claims he is a bearded collie, puli mix.  I strongly doubt the puli.  It's a rare breed to find anywhere, let alone in a small town in Indiana.  And then why the hell would it be mixed with a collie?  The shelter claims he's not matted.  Again, I doubt that.  He is in major need of a grooming.  As soon as I saw him though, I emailed her back and told her if the person who wants this dog saved, can get him pulled from the shelter and then get him transported up here, I will foster him.  I strongly doubt it will happen.  Frequently, you call/email these people back and they have already found someone to pull the dogs.  (you know we NEVER get these types of emails for cats, only dogs)  If he does end up here, I will have him in at our groomers FIRST thing because you can tell by looking at him that he probably stinks to high hell.  Oh and I just LOVE his name.  ZZ, as in ZZ top.  haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is adorable, awe, this just breaks my heart ~ I wish I could take in as many dogs as I have cats but that is just impossible on many levels. I hope he gets saved before it is too late.  I hate to see mounts too.  I see houses that I think are awesome but I know I will never live in one of them.  Besides, with the zoo I have it wouldn't be so pristine once I was in there for a few months!  LOL.  Being that Doug works for a custom house builder I get to see them all and some of things they have now, well...awesome isn't the word for it.  I love the new showers that have the nozzles all over & tiled walls, with temperature settings & lights...just thinking about it makes me want one until I found out how much they cost!  Just remember the bigger they are the more you have to clean, that is what I say anyway ;)
xxx
Lisa