Saturday, March 22, 2008

Yeah, this blog has some of that too

I have an adoption event tomorrow but not exactly sure of the times.  Either noon to four or eleven to three.  I tried checking the web calendar and found that the website is not working, at all.  Shit.  I'm hoping this is a screw up on my computers behalf and not our entire website.  Do you have any idea how long it would take to rebuild everything on that website from scratch?  My god, the idea that it completely crashed makes me slightly ill.  We do not have really computer savvy people working for our organization.  We use a basic webpage set up to do all our information.  Recently, we've had someone volunteer to make it a really awesome page BUT this person works long hours and only has so much time to devote to a new website.  Ugh, I'm just slightly freaking out at the moment.

I woke up today to find that my husband had went out.  I thought I remembered him saying he was going to his best friend's house today but to be completely honest, I don't listen all that well when he talks.  My husband can be long winded and give the most mundane details so sometimes it pays to listen only half the time, or at least it saves what's left of my sanity.  Eventually I called him after realizing I was on my own for the day and found him at his friend's house.  It was made clear that he was enjoying himself and had no plans on coming home just because I was bored.  (it was put much nicer than this though)  Eventually he said why don't you just come over here.  Well, the weather sucked out today.  Snow, the day after the first day of spring.  And, even worse, ICE.  I didn't want to drive in it.  He eventually compromised.  Everyone was hungry so we would all meet at Logan's and then my husband would drive back to their house, leaving his car at the restaurant for the time being.  For once the food was pretty good and the cheesecake was fantastic.  (they have really good food when they don't manage to screw it up)  I had a long island so I was quite happy by the time the meal ended.  Unfortunately, when I get tipsy I also get... sarcastic.  (mean)  I think I was starting to piss my husband's friend off.  I'm not too worried about it though to be quite honest with you.  He won't be mad forever and seemed better by the time we made it back to their house.  On the drive home, I had forgotten that I eventually had to be the driver as my husband's car was still at Logan's.  Crap.  The roads were far worse and I really didn't feel like driving.  I waited around while my husband got all the ice off his windows.  As is usual, for some reason he ended up behind me and as usual, road my ass the entire way home.  Now this gets on my nerves on a normal day but today the roads s.u.c.k.e.d.  I literally felt like my car was on pure ice several times and felt as if I had very little control over where it went.  This was all made worse by the bright shining lights in my mirrors.  By the time we got home I was steaming and told him from now on, I follow him when we have two vehicles. 

I thought I would share this story from my mom's house as I'm pretty sure that this doesn't happen often in the horse world and it's probably observed even less.  I'll give you basic background quickly.  (or try to make it quickly, hard to tell how these things are gonna go once I get started)  My mom has three horses, two females and one male.  The females are Danni and Rizzo and the male is Cody.  Cody has never really allowed Danni to eat with him and Rizzo.  He bites and kicks her if she tries.  On a few occasions I've seen her fight back but not many.  She's an extremely passive horse to the point that Eeyore looks spunky in comparison.  My mom always feeds them in at least two different places.  (she gives them hay for those of you non-horse savy folks)  That way, no matter what, Danni has a place to eat as Rizzo has no problem eating with her.  Yesterday, my mom fed Cody and Rizzo in the barn and had a second bale of hay ready to go feed Danni but had gotten side tracked with a stray cat that has been hanging around so she momentarily forgot about feeding her.  She looks up and sees Rizzo get a mouth full of hay, turn her head around and pass off the hay to Danni.  Do you have any idea how rare that is?  For Rizzo to have realized that Danni for one, didn't have a place to get food from because of Cody and two, to think to give it to her!  It had to be so cool as a horse person to see that right in front of you.  I know a lot of you are looking at this like yeah whatever.  But it's R.E.A.L.L.Y. cool to us.  I mean horses are pretty me me me oriented.  For example, when you see them scratching another horse (what looks like biting on each other's backs/necks), they itch the horse where they would like THAT horse to scratch THEM.  It's not a thinking of well, he might like a little scratch on his back.  It's, I really could use a scratch on my back maybe if I scratch his back right there, he'll scratch mine right there.  Man that was cool.  Wish I had been there to see it.  And these are both mares who have never been studded out and had it take.  (never had a baby)  So any maternal instinct that Rizzo has, are all in her head.  ;)

I went and had my eyebrows waxed for the first time yesterday.  Man that hurts like a biiiiiiiaaaatch for a few seconds.  The idea of ripping even larger sections off in that same manner is just... wow, no.  I may continue to do my eyebrows because it really does only hurt for a few seconds but those few seconds it's torture.  I made no noise though as she ripped about a thousand of my little tiny hairs out of my very soft delicate skin.  And now today, I see that I must be mildly allergic to bees wax.  Is that going to stop me from doing it again?  No, I can live with the hive like dots that are there.  They'll be gone within a few days.  I had a feeling that was going to happen because my hands were drawn to my brows yesterday and today.  As soon I touched them, the little bruising screamed no back!  They were itching because the hives hadn't come through yet.  Some days, I feel like I'm allergic to have the stuff that is commonly used.  Several antibiotics I cannot take.  One makes me REALLY sick.  104 degree temperature type of sick.  (of course my dumb ass didn't realize that I was slowly poisoning myself until I took the very last pill in the bottle.  The other one made me... not myself.  I don't know how to explain it.  I couldn't eat and I had major mood changes and just didn't feel like "me".  You know I just did one of those, what the hell was I even talking about moments.  So yes, that means this blogger needs to go to sleep or else I will continue to ramble on with stories that make no frickin sense.  ;)~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the adoption event.  I hope the weather improves.  I get silly and giddy when I drink.  I don't like driving on ice either.  That is nice that the two mares care so much about each other!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I don't know much about horses but your description is fascinating ... makes me thing they're pretty smart.  It takes brains to tell a fellow being that "here is where I want to be scratched" without using words.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

We must be related...I get very sarcastic and sorta mean when I drink too much.  I think it's a defense mechanism, because I'm normally fairly nice.  I just get uncomfortable around people.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Neat story about the horses, I am sometimes in awe watching our guys & gals together ~ they are such amazing animals.   I hope the website is all right and not lost to the internet graveyard.  I rarely got nasty when I drank, pretty much I was really happy & outgoing....soooooooooo opposite of the sober me! ;)
xxx
Lisa