Friday, March 14, 2008

Can't Sleep, again so I blogged

When we called the shelter where ZZ Top was located, we found that he had several adoption pendings and will not be needing saving at this time.  I would've liked to have seen what he looked like under all that hair.  At least he's going to find himself a home.

I've decided that since my dogs can't seem to stay in the yard that I will shock the crap out of them.  We have tried everything to avoid this.  We have landscaping timbers across the bottom of all of our fencing.  That is almost a full acre, fenced with landscaping timbers across the bottom.  I can tell you, it wasn't cheap.  They still manage to dig under them and in one case, Rocky was jumping.  Today Princess got loose and that was the last straw.  I can't foster dogs without knowing that they are completely safe from getting out of my yard.  I cannot put Princess out without dreading that she will get hit by a car.  How would I turn around and explain that to the rescue?  Therefore, I have been looking at electic boxes tonight and found that for a small one, they're not that expensive.  Just over ten bucks for something that will cover more than our land.  I will probably stop up at Tractor Supply Company tomorrow and purchase the box, wiring and everything else I need.  If a horse fence doesn't stop them, I don't know what will.  I hate having the two boys on a tie out unless I'm out there.  They want to be like the other dogs and run, not be chained up.  I will just have to unhook the electric when Jasmine is outside playing in the summer. 

I made a stop at the local mall today to exchange a shirt for Jasmine.  (I accidentally bought a 2T when I needed a 4T)  While there, I walked past one of the sports stores.  I managed to ignore the Brett Favre shirts and keep on going through the mall.  I had to pass them a second time on the way back to my car and that's when I couldn't resist temptation.  The guy in the store claims that for whatever reason, these shirts will only be able to be sold for a short time.  I don't know if he was bs-ing or not and it really didn't matter.  I wanted to say 'Hey guy, you don't need to make a sale here, I was already going to spend money.'  I bought a green t-shirt that says Brett Favre We Will Never 4 Get.  (for those who have no idea about football, Brett's number was 4)  I was pretty happy with it.  I'm planning on wearing it to the adoption event on Saturday.  ;)  I'm glad I got some number 4 stuff before he retired.  I'm sure prices will be sky high soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the electric works for the dogs!  Seems to me it will!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the electric fencing.  We had the underground fence installed, all the little flags up, walked the dogs on leads for days and when I finally tried it on the dogs loose it was a disaster!  Boo, my black lab went throughand screamed like she was being murdered so she wouldn't come back through.  Gus, my yellow lab would just go through and stop when he was getting the jolt and continue to stand there!  Coco, chocolate lab (the only one still living) had no problems with it but it didn't work on her, she is too tough ~ she would just go back & forth through the shock.  Boo would not go out of the house for 3 days after her fiasco and then would only go out on the porch.  I took the collars off and never turned it on again.  We had to put fencing up instead.  We gave the whole system to someone, can't remember who.  I wish you luck, I know containment is an expensive problem to deal with.  
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I'm glad to hear that ZZ has adoptions pending and is hopefully out of the woods.  It's hard to tell with all that hair but he looks like a friendly dog!  Anyhow, it's also good that you don't have to take him in!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the fencing.  If you can still buy Joe Montana jerseys, I'm willing to bet Favre jerseys will be available for years to come!

xx
Russ