Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Bad Dogs!

I was sitting here thinking, earlier that I won't have anything to write about in my journal.Well,I've got something now!My mom came home around 12am,I let the dogs inside to be fed.As I was letting two of the dogs in the house,I heard the unmistakable sound of growling.My dog,August can be extremely aggressive for seemingly no reason at all towards the other dogs.She has never been aggressive with DH's dog, Mia.Just the opposite.Well,something in Auggie's brain switched off and she turned into crazy psycho dog once again.She usually goes for the face or the neck.She was dragging Mia through the house while Mia screamed.My mom isn't too good in those situations usually just stands there and screams at the dogs.Once she actually threw HOT water on ME.Completely missing the dogs.At any rate,I was really getting worried,I'm the only one with a cool head and throughout all my screaming,mom's the dogs crying,growling and screaming the boys,never woke up.I had a hold of August by the haunches and continued pulling her away from Mia,hoping for her to let go for just a second so I could seperate them safely.My mom was afraid of hurting them further and wouldn't pull Mia from behind,in hopes of seperating them.I was really expecting blood to be everywhere when and if we got them apart alive.August has a pitbull's grip and once she gets ahold of one of the dogs,it's not easy getting her off of them.(she's an Australian Shepherd and Mia is a Border Collie, both are mixed)She had a hold of Mia's ear and had competely twisted it.All the while,we've got two other dogs trying to get into the middle of it.Our little 10 year old Sheltie was nipping at August's face trying to make her stop and our HUGE dalmation/Lab mix was biting Mia.Finally,August just let go and my mom grabbed Mia and took her into the bathroom to keep her safe while I put August outside.Mia had peed herself and pooped while August was attacking her.Mia is ok,I think she's got some really bad bruising.She cries and turns away if you touch her ear.I'll have to keep a close eye on it.August has a goose egg on her head.The weird thing is,once the fight is over,August acts like nothing ever happened.I put them both outside and August wanted to play,while Mia was afraid to even look at her.The rest of the night Mia has avoided August and ran from her.I hope tomorrow she's feeling a little more brave.I hate seeing the once fearless dog,cowering.

No comments: