Sunday, March 7, 2004

Now, the animals, no not men again! LOL

A round of applause! I "talked" work into taking in a horse in need. Actually the woman's letter to me convinced them. She rescues horses from slaughter and she can't seem to get this horse to put on weight. The horse is also still very skittish after being on her farm with her for 6 weeks. There has been little improvement in that time. The only problem so far is, she is 4 1/2 hours from the rescue. I don't know if she's up for that kind of drive and our trailer surely isn't up for it. We're down by the Michigan state line and she's up past Detroit, if that tells ya anything. We'll also be taking in the, uh, dognapped boxer mix. My friends will be going to try and get him tomorrow night. I just hope they're careful like I begged them to be. I'll just feel much better when they have the dog and everyone is safe and sound. Knock on wood. The parakeet, Gollum, is doing much better. I think I'll put him back in with his cage mates next week. He was stretching his wings today and didn't seem to have much if any discomfort. Yippy! I've had an ad in the paper since Friday, for the little stray, I've been calling her mama or Libby. There have yet to be any calls on her. Today is Sunday, the big paper so maybe there'll be something. I almost hope there won't. I'm in no mood to argue with the owners about the importance of having an outdoor cat fixed! I guess that's all. I'll let you all know about the dog as soon as I know something, should be tonight! Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: