Saturday, March 6, 2004

Hisses, Growls and Possessed Cats

Well, let's see. I'll start off with an update on the parakeet. He's hanging in there. The first 24 hours are critical and he's made it this far, let's just hope he keeps that tough guy attitude! Today was no fun for me or the animals, no fun at all. I mentioned before that I was pretty sure there were ear mites. Well, today I finally broke down and started treating all the cats. The first cat, went well. I was thinking, well this should be easy. I would bring a cat into the bathroom, trim their nails and then put the liquid in their ears. Let me tell you, it only got harder. I was doing all the cats that seemed to have mites really bad, first. I brought down my 15lb cat, Isaiah as the second cat. He's usually a pain about everything so I didn't figure this would be any different.The first ear went fine, of course it would, he didn't know what he was in for. The second one though... he learned his lesson. There was hair and skin a flying before I finally able to treat both his ears. After he was done, I figured I'd take two cats in the bathroom with me at once. Carrying Jake into the bathroom, he freaked out and literally climbed up my back. Ouch! Very bad cat! Out of all 9 cats that I did today, only two of them would've been considered easy. I still have the foster cats, the stray and two of my mom's cats! I also did the dogs.They were very good puppies.Thank god, because by then I was already bleeding from head to toe, I didn't need to be missing fingers too! I finish up the rest of the cats tomorrow. I want to heal a little bit from today before I take anymore of a beating. A friend of mine has made me aware of a dog that is being abused. He is starved and frequently hit and kicked. These people are also known to be into drugs and possibly dog fighting. Instead of handling this the "right" way, we're just going to go in the middle of the night and take the dog. I'm waiting right now to see if our shelter will take him and give him a safe haven. I'm worried they want to use this puppy (he's a boxer) as a bait dog for the pit bulls. Either way, the dog will not be in that enviroment much longer. I'm a pretty resourceful chick so I think I can find a place for this pup if we can't take him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cat HATES to have the ear mite med put in her ears. Shes always mellow except when it comes to that! That could be dangerous getting that poor dog. I watch Animal Precinct and Animal Cops on Animal planet, and their always rescuing those poor dogs from those people. Guns and drugs seem to go hand in hand with that type, so please be careful. Glad the birdie is doing better :-) ~lila~

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your depression entries. I hope you'll be feelin' better soon. As someone who's suffered with depression for years, I understand. It's those who haven't experienced it, that have a hard time dealing with it in those they love. We can't just "snap out of it!" I saw it for the first time in a therapist's office! It was a Mary Englebriet pic of a little girl with her hands on her hips and scowl on her face saying SNAP OUT OF IT!

Anonymous said...

Gosh I am sorry for the multiple comments that are exactly the same! I was having problems getting it to take...it said the journals were unavailable, so I kept trying and it posted over and over, and I didn't know! Sorry.....Hang in there Jamie!

Anonymous said...

That's fine! See all gone now except for the non multiples! Thank you for your comment. After all you've been through, I knew you had to of went through depression. Who wouldn't have? And if they said they didn't, they would've been lying. It's always nice to know there's other people out there that understand. It's so hard living with two boys/men that have never even had a touch of the depression bug. They just don't understand!
Jamie