Monday, March 1, 2004

Paint fumes

I haven't been feeling real great the last few days. I don't really feel sick, just not 100%. Every couple of hours my face feels real flushed and hot but the rest of me is usually cold. Other than that, I feel completely normal. It could be because we started painting the bathroom two days ago. It seems like that's about the time this started. We're painting it yellow and then sponging blue over top of it. When we get our own place I want to paint the bathroom dark, rich colors. I want it to be someplace comfortable and calming where you can light a bunch of candles, turn the radio on and sit in the bubbles for hours.

Yesterday, we went and got horse feed. While we were there, I got my seeds. Morning glories, 4 o'clocks, petunia's, sunflower's, orange pumpkins and something I've never seen before, white pumpkin's! I can't wait to see what those look like. I also got another frog. This one was because the other one is all alone now and I felt bad for him/her and it a friend.

I think I was trying to go for a record on getting hurt the most times in the shortest amount of time today. First, I had one of the foster cats run across my toe and slice it open. Then, when I was making lasagne, I burned myself with boiling water and then on the lasagne pan when it was fresh out of the oven. I still haven't found the family of the little stray, you ever get the feeling I'm not going to? I really hope she's not pregnant, but if she is, I have a lot of experience delivering kittens. I can't even count the cats that showed up on our front door pregnant. The last one, I literally had to help deliver her kittens. Looking back on it, I think geez, that was disgusting but at the time I didn't even think about it. The last kitten, was stuck in the birth canal and the cat wouldn't push anymore so I had to stick my hand in there and deliver it for her. Yeah I know, too much information huh?  LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea it sounds gross but if you hadn't been there, she may have died. I bet she's glad you were. :O)

Anonymous said...

Its good you were there to help them. Do the fumes bother the animals at all? I heard somewhere that cooking with teflon pans is toxic to birds. Just one of those strange bits of info I've picked up somewhere! LOL ~lila~

Anonymous said...

I kept the animals in a completely different area of the house, especially the birds. Most anything that smells, can hurt birds, including scented candles, teflon products, and anything in an areosole can. That's the only real downside to owning them, if the house stinks, deal with it or make cookies. LOL
Jamie

Anonymous said...

TRY TO MAKE SURE U HAVE PROPER VENTILATION, ( OPEN WINDOWS ETC. ) WHEN U PAINT. I HAVE BEEN PAINTING 25 YRS. & SOME NEWER PRODUCTS ARE REALLY STRONG ! SOMETIMES IT CAN HAVE DELAYED EFFECTS ! JUST TRYING TO BE HELPFUL.