Sunday, March 21, 2004

Bird Fair

The bird thing was really neat. I didn't think there would be that much stuff there! Tons and tons of bird toys and even a lot of birds for sale. I bought a lot of toys and I only took 30 bucks with me! Anyone who has seen the prices of bird toys at pet stores, knows that's not a lot of money for toys. I got a lot of stuff though and I got two of everything! We're having a bird toy exchange for Easter on one of my yahoo groups so that's why I bought two of everything. I got some things to keep Gollum in his cage too! So far, so good but the last time it took him a week to figure out how to get out. My friends bought three cockatiel's. The first two kind of chose them. They jumped out of the cage onto them and wouldn't get off! The third one though, I think was a pity buy. He is only two weeks old. The breeder claimed he was well over a month. Luckily we (me and my friends) KNOW birds and knew he wasn't that old. The bird isn't weaned and needs constant care. Had someone else bought him, someone that doesn't know anything about birds, he surely would've died. I hate breeders like that. There a reason you don't adopt out unweaned birds!!!! On a lighter note, I was just trying to get Ellie off of my shoulder and back into her cage and she climbed into my sleeve. I think she's decided to stay there for a while. The closer we've gotten to spring, the moodier she has gotten. Damned birdie hormones! LOL At least we're in the same mood today. I've been in a "mood" all day today. I just don't like anybody or anything they say. LOL That's all, no big deal. Today, we just sat around watching the race. Then went over to the friends house that bought the tiels, Liz and Rich. We played with the birds for a while and then played with their dogs and now I'm sitting here. This weekend is the when me and my mom go to the Equine Affair in Ohio. So I won't write for a day or so. We leave Friday morning and will be back late Saturday sometime. Until then, it's journaling as usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you and your friends got the baby birdie, now it has a chance. Have fun at the fair!
http://edit.journals.aol.com/fuzzypanda68/ItsmyLife