Wednesday, March 3, 2004

Boredom

I was originally going to use this particular journal entry for a great deal of bitching whining and moaning.There's a part of me that would still like to but I'm in a little bit better of a mood than I was a little while ago and I'd like to try and keep it that way.That nasty little depression monster has been roaring it's little head a great deal the last few months and I've been a little more on the depressed side than usual so don't be surprised if some of my future entries are a little bit too.Fairly normal,boring day today.I couldn't go to sleep last night, at all.Probably because I slept all yesterday because we didn't have any electricity, thanks AEP.I didn't end up falling asleep until about 3pm today and woke up at 9pm.I'm feeling pretty tired right now though, so hopefully, I'll be able to fall asleep before noon.I cleaned out Hannah, the gerbil's cage today.I always feel a little guilty cleaning out all that old bedding.She seems to get all her little tunnels, just the way she likes them and then I have to go and mess them all up.She's getting a lot of excersice at least.She keeps running from one habitrail, to another and is pushing everything around the way she likes it.I've decided not to get another gerbil once she dies.I'm going to get two female mice from the pet store.These mice are usually used as feeder mice, so they put the males and the females all together, 99 times out of 100, you're going to get a pregnant female.I've been a part of two mice births.The one mouse gave birth to so many that I eventually stopped counting.Only three survived, only to have the cage knocked over a few months later and become a cat treat.I was very upset.They were my first mice babies.I'd never seen a pinkie except on tv until I had those mice.DH isn't aware of this fact yet.I don't think he'll mind too much.They like the gerbil, require a small amount of care and don't eat a great deal of food.That's always his main concern, how much will it cost me?I can understand that but it gets annoying afterwhile.Well, I'm going to go check on the stray cat one last time.I'm starting to get way too attached to that cat.If she is pregnant, I want to document it all so I know what to look for next time.After a few years, you begin to foget what to look for.

preview 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even tho you have alot to do with the critters, I know how the same old routine can get boring. I hear you on the depression, I know with me, it's winter, happens every year. Can't wait till summer so I can be outside in the warm sunshine! It won't be long. :-) ~lila~