Saturday, March 6, 2004

Pups

Stupid journals. I can never say all I need to say in the small amount of space they give us. Anyways, we lost a puppy to Parvo at the shelter the other day. This could be really bad. We got in ten pups at once from a shelter that apparently didn't think it was important to give the pups vaccines. What did they care, they were just going to euthanize them anyways. And go figure, we're out of puppys shots. All the TSC's around here are out as well. So, we just have to be really careful and really clean. That poor little girl could still be alive today if that had just given her proper vet care. And in the process they put the dogs at our shelter in danger, as well as the staff and volunteers dogs. I will only be going into the shelter in socks so my shoes don't get the virus on them and I can just remove my socks when I get home and leave them on the damn porch. Ah well, life will go on and hopefully, all the rest of the pups will be fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Parvo is some bad stuff for sure. Hope none of the others get infected. Sorry about the puppy who didn't make it, thats so sad. ~lila~

Anonymous said...

My friends puppies got parvo. She spent hundreds of dollars taking them back and forth to a vet. My sister came in for a visit after this had gone on for a little over a week. Both of the dogs were very very sick. They were vomiting and pooping all over the place. My sister suggested that they give the dogs raw egg and milk. The boy puppy died the next morning but the girl pup is still alive to this day. That's been about 7 years ago and she's been a mama twice.