Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Shelter

Went to work today. We got held up by some people that wanted to visit the shelter and the animals. It's nice when people hear about us but at the same time, I just wanted to say, "Sorry, we're busy, can you come back when we're not?" At any rate, I went out in the yard and played with the dogs. One of our foster's is huge. I don't think I've EVER seen a dog his size. We have him listed as a german shepherd mix but he's much bigger than a shepherd. He makes our shepherd look like a puppy. He kept jumping on my back and clawing me to hell. Meanwhile, Sassy is nipping at my legs, leaving welts. Note to self, stay on the other side of the dog fence from now on. We were in the process of cleaning up the sticks and such when those people showed up. Guess that'll have to wait. Tomorrow, we're supposed to go pick up a horse outside of Grand Rapids, MI, that is, if we can get a horse trailer before tomorrow. We're having trouble getting in contact with the girl who's trailer we normally borrow.

Hannah seems to be doing a little bit better. I'll have to wait and see if she improves anymore. My poor little half blind gerbil. I wish there was something I could do for her.

PLEASE, visit the new sites I've added down below. Both those video's are very touching. Send them to everyone who loves animals and especially to those who don't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your poor little gerbil, I always worried about ours too when he was alive, and the hampster. My cat would sure keep a close eye on them. My nextdoor neighbor has two huge dogs, giant schanzers (sp) and they are giant. I'm afraid of them.
Hope you can get the horse, and I'll take a look at those videos tomorrow. ~lila~