Tuesday, March 9, 2004

The Pups

I went to sleep early last night and never got a chance to do the journal thing. Yesterday, we went up to the shelter, just for a visit. The puppies are so cute! Their pictures don't even do them justice. I can't wait to go to work on Wednesday! I'm usually not a "puppy" person. But all of these guys have won me over! The plan is, to adopt them all out as quickly as possible and then to go back to the shelter and bring more that are going to be euthanized. We've already adopted one out and have an adoption pending on another. I wanted to bring them all home with me!

Still no calls on the stray, Libby. I don't think anyone is looking for her. Looks like she's either got a home or we'll find her one. She makes a very good little house cat though so if we decide to keep her, she won't be much of a problem. Some cats claw everything up, have litter box issues but she doesn't seem to have any issues at all, except for currently being in heat and letting everyone within a five mile radius know about it!

Wednesday, I will be putting Gollum back into the cage with his parakeet friends. He seems to be doing very well. You can't even tell he was attacked. Maybe next time he'll think before he messes with that door. But just in case, it will be locked shut from now on. He seems to like his "sick" cage. It's got aspen bedding all along the floor just in case he was to fall and he's had a lot of fun playing with it, digging holes and hiding under it. I'm going to make sure it's safe for long periods of time and then I might line their regular cage with it since he seemed to enjoy it so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww how cute are those doggies....awwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

There all cute and I hope they all find good homes. Gollum sounds like he is pretty happy in his hospital cage! LOL I bet you end up keeping Libby, she sounds like a sweetheart. ~lila~