Tuesday, March 2, 2004

Typical Day

Today was extremely boring. We had a thunder storm and lost power, for over 6 hours. So I figured I'd tell you all about a typical day in my house. A lot of people seem to think I'm lazy because I don't have a "real" job and I'm not exactly a homemaker so maybe this will convince some of them that I'm not as lazy as I may seem.

Let's see, where to start. Well, everyday all the cats need to be fed. My cats, the foster cats and the new little stray. They are always in need of water. I literally bring up 3 gallons of water a day! The birds water must be changed daily, no exceptions. Everyother day, the litter boxes need to be cleaned. Sounds easy right? Well, there's 4 litter boxes to clean. With a total of 11 cats using those litter boxes. We buy a 38lb. box of kitty litter every week. (yes I said 38lbs!!) The bunnies need food once a day and go through water about twice a day. The dogs have to be let out several times a day and need to be fed at night and in the morning, morning's my mom takes care of. They too go through a lot of water everyday. The gerbil needs almost no care at all. I compare having a gerbil to having a moving rock. Ellie, the senegal parrot, needs one on one attention at least twice a day. Even on the days where she's not being the sweetest bird in the world, I still have to work with her or suffer the consequences later. Once a week, everyone needs a clean cage. Ellie, needs fresh fruits and veggies once a day. And then of course, there's the days when horses get loose and cats get stuck in tress. LOL Every two weeks, all bird cages needed to be "remodeled" or they become bored with their toys. Good thing about having two parakeet cages, you can switch their toys and they think they're getting new ones. Cats need to have their nails trimmed every one to two weeks. One of my cats has to be shaved every summer, he gets too hot and he gets horribly matted. I think that's about the extent of it. Later on I'd like to share with you some of my baby animal delivering experiences. I never thought about it until the other day when I mentioned the kitty that I helped deliver. For now though, I have clocks to reset and alarms that need to be reset as well, or else the whole house will sleep till noon and miss work and school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing that you can keep up with everything that needs to be done! Our gerbil passed away this past weekend, he was fun to have, but those little animals just don't live very long it seems. ~lila~

Anonymous said...

Lila, I'm sorry to hear about your gerbil. I think mine's getting up there in her years now. She doesn't seem quite as peppy as she once was. I have no idea how old she is, she was a rescue that I got as a present from work when my other gerbil passed away.
Jamie