Monday, March 22, 2004

Poor Hannah

I let the foster cats out for a run through the house today. I went to take a shower and do some computer stuff while they ran off all their energy. Unfortunately, they, uhem, Claireese, decided my gerbil, Hannah was a very interesting toy. She was able to get the cage open and allow Hannah to escape. By the time I found out, the cats had been out for quite some time. I had no idea whether poor Hannah was alive or dead. I put a small bowl of food on the floor and I figured, if in the next few days, some of that food was missing, then she's probably alive or we have mice. I didn't look too hard for her. It'd be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I was bringing up some cat food for my cats, when I noticed Claireese looking across the room from her cage. There was something over there and she wished she wasn't stuck in that cage so she could get it. I quickly put on some gloves and went gerbil hunting. I eventually found her behind the tv, where the parakeet usually goes. She has some wounds to her head and I don't know if she can see out of her right eye or not. It's gunky and cloudy. I hope she'll be ok. I'm not having much luck with small animals and cats lately, that's for sure. I want to go to the shelter tomorrow but I have so much stuff to do here as well. I wanted to go today but just never got around to it. We'll have to wait and see. I'll definitely go on Wednesday. It's the "usual" day.

No comments: