Thursday, September 18, 2008

A little ornery rubs off

I am absolutely in love with this set of foster cats.  Mama Spice is super sweet and has a silent meow.  (I have yet to hear any  noise when she meows)  The calico girls are finally starting to come out of their shells.  They were never really shy but they were extremely clingy.  Now they are running and playing, causing mischief.  The tabby has been feeling like crap the last two days but he's bouncing back now.  I can tell because he's climbing me again.  He's just an awful ornery kitten but he is by far, my favorite of the group.  I tell everyone it's because I won't be keeping him that I love him so much but I think the same would be true if they were all mine.  He is just bursting with personality and even with his naughty tendencies, I can't help but adore him.  If I presented him as is on paper to a potential adopter, they would run in the other direction.  Claws and bites at the face, climbs (bare) legs all the way to shoulders, scratches furniture, walls, cabinets, attacks other cats without reason.... need I go on?  But all the while, he gives you just the sweetest look as if he has no idea what he is doing is bad and definitely not cute.  Kittens like him are the reason why I offered to foster kittens in the first place.  I fall in love with all of them.  I just can't imagine them not getting a chance at life, which if a foster wasn't available is exactly what could've happened.  These are excellent cats who will make wonderful pets to someone and I can't wait till I hear the day that they're going to a new home.  I will miss Saffron like crazy but in his absence there will be another homeless kitty that needs someone to give them a halfway house of sorts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think fostering pets for me would be hard too, because I get attached.  Linda

Anonymous said...

It sounds like they're all doing so well! Isn't it amazing how some cats show such personality?

The "silent meow" always cracks me up for some reason!

Beth