Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Taking a beating

First off, husband made the appointment with his doctor.  The doctor believes that Shawn pulled or tore a muscle in his chest.  When this happened, husband's anxiety level sky rocketed, causing the raised blood pressure.  (obviously, he worried about heart attack, he freaked)  Just to be on the safe side, he will be having a stress test on Friday but doc seems fairly certain after pushing around on husband's chest that, it's nothing major.  It will however take some time to heal due to the fact that it's impossible to restrict chest movement, short of stopping breathing. 

I am a walking injury.  Tonight, I was making chocolate shakes for everyone and Jasmine brought her metal Dora chair in to watch.  She managed to tip the chair and the metal edge landed on my toes.  It bruised almost immediately.  All the injuries I've incurred the last week have been on my left side.  Poor Jazzy said Daddy, I didn't mean to hurt mommy.  She got a big hug and I told her it was ok and only an accident but keep the metal chair away from mommy for a while.  ;)  I think I'm just going to pad the entire left side of my body and I'll be ok till delivery. 

The kittens look better every day.  Saffron had been looking a bit worse for the wear the last few days but seems to be getting a little better.  His nose had been so stuffed up that he was forced to breath through his mouth.  (but that didn't restrict his naughtiness any!)  The only downside to him feeling better is that he has pent up energy from several days of relaxing.  The cat was all over me tonight.  I walked in, hands full of medicine, food and water, he climbs up me and is hanging from my boob, within a few seconds he's wrapped around my neck, trying to eat my hair.  It's going to take a very special (or patient!) person to take on this kitten.  Honestly, if I didn't have two indoor cats right now, I'd keep him.  I always like the rotten ones.  He and Catalina (previously the orange kitten) beat the crap out of each other.  I wince watching them.  Meowi (previously the little black kitten) occasionally gets involved with them but for the most part, tries to play with toys or the kittens that aren't out for blood.  Meowi seems to have a permanently startled look.  Her eyes are always bugging out of her head.  She even looks like this when falling asleep from being petted.  I'm not sure if she'll... grow into her big eyes or if this is a quirk her new owners will be able to joke about for years.  I've been trying to get Mama Spice to do something other than ask to be petted.  I know she's a young cat, there's got to be some spunk in there somewhere.  Right?  Finally, after aggravating the hell out of her tonight, she played.  I regretted it.  She plays rough.  I see where Saffron gets it from now.  Luckily, for her future owners, the only way to get her to play is to really annoy her for some time, otherwise she just wants to be petted and sleep.  I promise to get more pictures soon.  It's easier to get good pictures when there's someone to help and I usually do all my cat stuff while Shawn is at work.  I think on camera the two orphans will still look a little funky.  They have fur that just looks greasy even though it's not and it looks even worse on film.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I recommend you wrap yourself in that bubble plastic !  The kittens sound great as does Mama cat.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I saw football training pads available at the local sports store the other day - perhaps you should start wearing them!  Poor dear, you have had a rough week.  Happy to hear you have answers about Shawn and that it isn't his heart.  Meowi sounds like my Tutu, she always looks surprised with those huge eyes you are talking about.  The kittens sound wonderful, demonic at times but wonderful!!
Be safe today!
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I think we need to get you one of those little blackboards you see in workplaces: "Jamie has gone "X" days without injury." ;)

Good news about your hubby. I'm sure the stress test will confirm that his heart is fine!

All sounds well with the kittens! It cracks me up that Saffron climbs you like a tree!

Enjoy your (injury-free) day!

Beth

Anonymous said...

You are so good to have he kitties...especially at a time when you are having the baby...I hope your wee toes are ok..poor you you really have been in the wars these past few days...  Take care  Love  Sybil  xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your most recent injury incident.  Stay Safe!