Monday, September 15, 2008

U/S update

The ultrasound went well.  Doc says everything looks normal and on time.  Ultrasound picture was extremely cute.  Jasmine's u/s picture was scary looking.  She looked like a demon.  I'm not kidding.  This one was a profile of it's face.  The u/s tech was pissing said baby off big time.  It wasn't corropurating so she moved my belly with the u/s gadget.  I began getting punched repeatedly after that.  She made me nervous as she kept asking how big Jasmine was at birth so I was worried this one was a little on the larger side.  Jas was just over 6 1/2 lbs and hurt like hell so I hope this one stays around or under 7.  My small body just can't handle a much bigger baby!  It didn't all feel real until the u/s today.  Now I want to buy everything and get everything ready.  At the same time, I'm totally freaking out about having another baby.  When/How will I ever sleep again?  How will Jasmine really handle it?  Will they get along?  My next appointment is for my glucose screening. (test for gestational diabetes)  I hate having my blood drawn and it's even worse when you have to drink that nasty stuff.  And if I fail it, the next one is three hours long, a blood draw every hour.  I was borderline with Jasmine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...looked like a demon." LOL Just as long as she doesn't behave like one! ;)

Hope all goes well with the test--gest. diabetes is not uncommon, though.

Hugs, Beth

Anonymous said...

Its good to hear everything is going well with the pregnancy. :) Lets just hope the blood test goes just as smooth. Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

I hope the bloodwork goes well for you so you don't have to go through more testing.  Jas looked like a demon, that is soooo funny!!!  Yikes and double yikes...thinking of having a 7lb baby come out........oh, I can't even think about that without wincing.  
xxx
Lisa