Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The whining continues...

Now that the ultrasound is out of the way, I can't help but worry that for some reason, something will go wrong.  I worry I won't make it to term or something will happen with the baby.  I don't remember worrying like this with Jasmine but it might have been because I wasn't fully aware of what I'd be losing if something happened.  It doesn't help that I'm so uncomfortable with this pregnancy.  With Jasmine, I don't remember feeling this uncomfortable.  The only month I even remember having some discomfort was briefly in my seventh month and then it went away.  With this one, I'm always in some kind of pain.  My back and sides constantly hurt.  I didn't get a chance to ask my OB about all the pain I have been having.  I completely forgot about it after seeing the ultrasound pictures.  Right now there is some body part jabbing into my ribcage.  No amount of poking, prodding and moving is going to get a baby to move from there.  My ribs are protecting it from my jabs.  It's no wonder I can't sleep or stay asleep.  A big part of me wants to get to the end of December and deliver (when I would be pretty sure that the baby would be fine outside the womb) and the other part of me dreads how my life will change when this baby gets here.  Although I finally figured out why it's been so active at night.  I drink large amounts of water in the evening hours and for whatever reason, it gets them moving.  Jasmine was very active late at night too, probably for the same reason.  I know, I'm complaining again but where else am I going to do it?  ;)  Being pregnant is terrifying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure everything is going to be just fine - I would have thought since you had been through all this before you would be more relaxed this time around.  Funny to hear there is some body part jabbing your ribs - how wierd to think about that.  I don't think I would like being so uncomfortable for so long :(  I hope that passes for you.  Try to relax.
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Having a baby is hard work. Whine away. :) You earned it. I didnt have all that movement like you are talking about when I was pregnant with Shelby. It doesnt sound very comfortable, thats for sure. I hope time will fly and soon you will have a healthy baby born. Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I know it's easy for me to say, but try not to worry too much! I'm sure everything is going to be fine. That doesn't take away all your aches and pains, though...I hope those ease up for you soon!

Once you get into all your preparations and last-minute plans, I bet the next few months will just fly by.

Hugs, Beth