Sunday, September 21, 2008

We are the losers, my friends...

I woke up a bit sore.  It was like I'd been in a minor car accident the day before, rather than just took a fall in the tub.  It was hard to stay asleep and even harder to get comfortable since I was confined to my right side.  (not allowed to lay on back after month 4 and way uncomfortable to lay on tummy)  Apparently, I hit a lot more than just my elbow on the way down.  Most of the back of my bicep is bruised and there's a knot on my elbow.  All in all, just a bit sore. 

I don't even know what to say about the Green Bay game.  Did Rogers piss in one of the offensive linemen's beer last night?  Because they seem to want him to end up with a broken leg.  Your job, your only job, is to protect the quarterback.  I didn't count how many times he was sacked or nearly sacked but it was ridiculous.  In my opinion, this should've been a much closer win, whether we won it or lost it.  Now Aaron, you would think after getting your faced smashed into the grass repeatedly, you'd stop throwing the damned ball.  I hope the entire team got an ass ripping when they got to the locker room as it was just pathetic. 

During the fourth quarter with less than five minutes left on the clock, I had to leave the room.  I just couldn't take anymore.  I decided to do something that I'd been putting off for a while, although thinking back, having sharp objects in my hands at that time was probably not wise.  I groomed two of the dogs.  Mia needed her rear trimmed up.  If you let her go to long, she looks scraggly and that's where we were today.  I took off quite a bit in the back as well as on her front legs.  She ended up looking really good and there's only a few spots that I'm going to go back and touch up on when I have Shawn's help.  Molly... ugh.  She did so good the last time I groomed them.  Stood like she did it every week.  This time, she refused to stand, frequently stuck her nose in the blades and kept wiggling around.  I took a break from her for a few minutes and when I brought her back over, she was better and I was able to get her ears done.  But by then the damage was done.  She looks really choppy, definitely not my best.  At least she looks cleaned up, even if it is a choppy clean.  I want to do the Aussie's but they've never been groomed so I'd like to have some back-up when I attempt it the first time.  Both the boys can be weird about some things.  Savannah could go either way with it.  I felt a little less like breaking things after they were trimmed up and the game was over so I didn't have to watch anymore blood shed. 

My husband went and picked up the two orphan kitties today.  (remember LBK, LOK- little black kitten and little orange kitten) They've put on some weight and look a lot less like they've just been pulled from a sewer.  Shawn even asked the girl if she switched kittens.  ;)  I haven't been able to spend much time with them today.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll have an extra hour to just hang out with the cats and observe the little ones.  They were perky and meowing when I saw them briefly however.  I'll get some updated pictures of them soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was fearful that you would be feeling a bit worse for the wear today.  Please do take some time to yourself and rest up a wee bit...The dogs sound as if they are looking good. I wish I could groom my wee Dee, It is something I have never been able to do...don't know why...hope you have a better day today
Love  sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're so sore--I hope that eases up soon.

All of our teams lost this weekend. ALL. Colts, Bears, Irish. A bad football weekend for us. But the Cubbies clinched the division title! That was the only bright spot!

LBK and LOK are back!! Yay! I'm so happy to hear that they seem lots better. I hope we get to see some pictures soon!

Hugs, Beth

Anonymous said...

I have to trim Tips rear up. Its so strange to me how her butt hair will just keep on growing, but the rest of her hair on her body doesnt, and even has a different texture. I hope you get to feeling better and are not so sore from the fall. Kelly