Friday, September 19, 2008

My alternative to negative thinking... ;)~

My toilet is sick.  Yes, I said toilet.  It's been gradually getting worse.  I know he had this problem years ago.  My grandma had two companies out to fix him but again, he has fallen ill.  Basically what happens occasionally is similar to how you or I would feel forcing down a food we find disgusting.  You may get a bite or two down but eventually, your body is going to betray you and attempt to get rid of said food.  Sire Toilet, apparently finds what we are giving him to be, vomiting inducing.  ;)  Ok, in all actuality, somewhere, somehow, air is in the pipes and when the toilet... er, Sire Toilet is flushed, occasionally, that excess air tries to come back up.  The only thing that comes back is air and it occurs after the actual flushing.  However, if you don't close the lid before flushing, there's a chance you may get wet.  I'm just glad that I've always closed the lid before flushing, at least since I had my daughter.  I was always fearful she would somehow toddle into the bathroom and fall into the toliet and drown.  Eventually, my fear was she would walk into the bathroom and play in the toliet water.  Therefore, the lid is always closed.  In the beginning, I wasn't sure who was getting the underside of the lid wet and I was starting to get annoyed.  Then I was in the bathroom a little longer than usual after flushing and heard the gurgling.  No way can I afford them to come out and fix Sire Toilet at the moment and it's not causing any damage to the pipes so for now, he will continue his aversion to his job.  And you think your job sucks?  ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an aversion to toilets to begin with.  I use them, but don't like to clean them.  I hate public ones and am very particular about which ones I use!  Also have nightmares about them!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Jamie, ROFL! "Vomit inducing...." I guess as long as he can still choke it down, there's no harm done!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Now that was a very colorful way of telling the toilet tale. ;) Hopefully he will just get better without the toilet doc coming! LOL! Kelly