Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cow gonna get me

Jasmine just woke up from a nightmare.  It's a problem we've been having for over a year now.  She seems to think there is some mad cow (pun intended) out there that will hurt her.  It started in the car one day, she said you see the cow?  cow's in the window.  stopit cow stopit!  cow that's bad don't do that!  mommy tell the cow to stopit!  Ever since, she "sees" him everywhere.  And she says cows going to get me.  Tonight she woke up screeching that the cow was there and he is going to get me.  mommy cow going to get me!  I put a binkie in her mouth and she went back to sleep a few moments later.  Poor kid.  I'm going to talk to the rancher that lives down the road from my mom and see if Jasmine can't come down there and meet some real cows.  The guy is kind of a prick so if he won't let me (and he better, he OWES me) I'll go over and talk to Jim and Jeanine.  They know everyone so she'll be able to point me in the right direction.  The only way I can even think about how this all could've started is that a year or so ago I was watching a lot of PBR (professional bull riding) and she would watch it with me.  She never got upset and just laughed when the cowboys got flung off.  Who knows with her though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sad that Jasmine is afraid of a mad cow.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I think if Jasmine gets to meet a real cow, she'll soon find her fears are unwarranted...(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
It all sounds so random ... that one day out of the blu Jasmine would suddenly feel like a cow is out to get her.  I hope your plan works!!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Hopefully her meeting with a real cow will do the trick - poor little Jasmine, terrorized by cows!
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hopefully seeing cows will help her get over her fear.