Monday, February 4, 2008

Think Spring, screw what that little rat Phil said ;)

Tomorrow I will be driving an hour north, along lake michigan to pick up two young male rats.  I hope no one fights when I introduce them to Tikki. 

I was criticized a great deal by my father for liking the old farm house.  As if I wasn't aware that old houses have a farm more likelyhood of having problems than a new construction.  I won't be buying this house and if I was, I would have a full inspection done before I bought it.  I had a full inspection done on this house and it has been owned by my family since the 60's.  I LOVE old farm houses.  I don't have a rhyme or reason for it.  It's just what I like.  I like the history in those old houses, the staircases and the architec.  There have been only two houses in the past three years that I have found that I was in love with, this one and another that took about a year to sell, both out of our price range.  We are not looking to buy right now.  I want to sell this house, move back into my mom's and save money for a down payment on our future (and hopefully final) home.  I'm hoping to get more than I paid out of this house but I'm not sure if it'll be possible with the way the housing market is.  There are only three school districts that we are willing to locate to, two in Indiana and one in southern Michigan.  I will not have my daughter go where I know there are gangs and where the schools are crap.  I know I can not prevent everything from happening to her or from her seeing bad things, but I won't knowingly put her in a dangerous situation.  I still get updates from cressy and everett on houses.  I have certain areas that I would like, certain price ranges, and certain amounts of land.  They send me houses based on my search criteria.  I enjoy looking at them, even the ones I wouldn't buy.  It's neat to see how other people decorate.  How they live.  I try not to look with a critcizing eye.  Some don't have a great deal of money to spend on their housing once they make the actual buy.  I try to see what they do with what they have, not how expensive the things they have are.  I feel like I know a little bit about them after seeing their homes. 

I'm using the ipod again tonight.  I actually quite enjoy the thing now that I haveit figured out.  Shhhh, don't tell my husband.  I protested greatly when he decided he wanted an ipod instead of a playstation 3.  I'm watching September Dawn, at my husband's request.  It claims to be based on true events and it's one of the few movies that my husband paid enough attention to, to be able to retell what happened, including the year and day.  Knowing what I do from Shawn, I know the happy feelings I have about it, will soon be gone.  The movie is supposedly based on the mormons in the 1800's and a masacre that was said to have caused by the mormon church.  He was considered the high minister (or whatever you call mormon) and his word was considered as that of the word of god.  If you questioned his word, you were questioning Christ and therefore sinning.  They were killed for this.  I don't know much more than that.  I will let you know if it's a watchable one or not.  Hope you're all having a wonderful day.  Close your eyes.  Can you smell it?  The spring air is just around the corner.  Can you feel the pollen in the air, breathing life into other flowers?  Can you feel the trees coming back to life?  Slowly pushing their lifes blood up towards the branches, preparing for buds, then leaves.  Can you hear the soft breeze in the trees, on the grass.  It's almost over, the colds of winter.  Spring will be here and I have been ready since November.  Have a good day.  Think warm thoughts and maybe it'll get here all that much faster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring can't come fast enough for me!  I hope the rats work out well, be sure to put some pics up...please!  I like old farmhouses too, there is something charming about them and I love big porches.
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I want Spring to come on! I cant smell it. :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Yes, yes ... now that you mention it, when I close my eyes, I can smell the freshly cut grass, the flowers, the gentle scent of Eucalyptus leaves mixed with sunshine after a fresh Spring rain.  Winter is almost over.  Hallelujah!  Oh, what am I saying, I live in Santa Monica so what's the difference ...?!?
Best,
Marty