Friday, February 15, 2008

Gorillas

Gorillas

After such an awful day of death in the human world, I found this on TIME's website.  It is the first sighting of gorillas having face to face copulation in the 13 years that these researches have been studying them.  It is considered extremely rare.  He looks so sweet holding her and afterwards, he held her hand.  I love gorilla's and have a difficult time seeing them in captivity.  Have you ever looked directly into the eyes of a gorilla?  I have and what I saw wasn't an animal.  It was like looking into the eyes of a human.  They have so much depth to them and a wiseness.  I feel they are very sad and frustrated when kept in captivity.  I wanted to climb in that enclosure and hold that gorilla, although I knew it would probably be the last thing I ever held. 

Gorillas in a Tryst - TIME

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful moment! Thanks for sharing hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Wow ... they really do seem almost human.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet!  I know how you feel...did you ever read the entry where I breastfed next to a chimp?  I know she was a Person, just not a homo sapiens...but a Person, just the same.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.  I don't think any animal should be in captivity overall.
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean by the look in their eyes...and agree with you totally. Did you ever see that article in Newsweek a while back on the lowland gorillas being slaughtered, and the ones being saved too?