Friday, February 15, 2008

I also wanted to mention quickly that me and my husband do not celebrate the whole Valentine's day tradition.  I think it's kind of a cruel holiday.  I think I may have mentioned this last valentine's day as well.  I just wanted those of you out there that sent valentine's day cards through email, that is the reason why you did not receive one in response.  It's not that I don't love you, I love all of you but I would rather show you year round instead just on one day. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very sensible, well-stated position.  I agree completely!

Russ

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I guess I never put too much thought into the history of Valentine's Day ... not sure why it would be cruel.  However, it's definitely over-commercialized!
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Hmm, we don't celebrate valentines day either.  I feel there is not need to do so.  We treat each other kindly and respectfully throughout the year and know we love each other.  We don't need one day of the year to "prove it", it is proved day in a day out.
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yep its not really a big deal around here either. We went out to eat, cause I didnt want to cook. That was about it. We get Shelby a stuffed animal and some candy. Really kind of a commercialized type holiday if you ask me.