Monday, February 18, 2008

The monkey chased the weasel

Jasmine did great at the movies as usual.  The Spiderwick Chronicles is a bit on the scary side and most 2 year olds should NOT go to see it.  It would scare them half to death.  Jasmine however seems to be used to scary movies and responds to them better than the average toddler.  You would think a movie theater stuffed with under 10 kids would be loud, but they didn't make a sound the entire movie.  I was stunned. 

Still feeling a bit crappy today.  I slept for something like 16 hours.  Not so much because I was sick but more because I knew I could because my husband was on Jasmine duty.  You have no idea what it's like to KNOW you don't have to get out of bed for anyone unless you have kids.  I was however pissed when I got up as the house was a mess.  My husband doesn't pick up after himself at all so I guess he doesn't feel the need to pick up after his daughter either.  Makes you feel even worse when you realize once you DO start feeling better, you have a massive mess to clean up.  Therefore, I threw some dishes in the dishwasher (which my husband still claims not to know how to work, although all you have to do is add dishwashing liquid and press start) and did a load of laundry.  The best I've felt all day was after I got out of the shower.  I stayed in the bathroom with Jasmine and colored on the bathtub walls (it's shower safe) and inhaled as much steam as I could.  Seems like every humidifier we get ends up broken so I don't bother anymore, not to mention I like hot steam and my husband prefers cool.  After Jasmine finally fell asleep, I went to take all my evening pills (and then some), as I was getting a glass of water, Savannah whined from her crate in the backroom.  (she's still not house trained so we're crating her... she makes me feel like I'm abusing her)  I wasn't planning on letting the dogs out again but then that little pain in the ass voice in the back of my head said you know how long it's going to be before they're let out again... and she'll be in that crate all that time.  Fine.  I let everyone out and am soon alerted that my neighbors dogs have also just been let out.  (I swear there'd be a lot less barking if we didn't have a privacy fence and they could all see each other)  When I go to let my dogs in, I do it in shifts.  It's a pain to let 6 dogs in at once (my other two females were asleep in the bedroom) so I typically try and get the pit bull in first so I can put him in his crate.  (he gets way excited, then everyone gets way excited) Just as I was turning around to let Cash and Rodeo in, I heard fighting and a dog crying.  It only took me opening the door for the fight to end but Rodeo was none the less traumatized and didn't want to move.  I had to go out in a t-shirt and underwear to get that damned dog.  No worries, he was not injured in the fight, but this caused my neighbors dogs to get into a fight so she's out there screaming at her dogs and then Rocky gets out of his crate and attacks someone (I honestly don't know who it was... once I turned around, the fighting stopped and no one had slimy hair except Rodeo and he was in a crate already).  My head is pounding and here I'm left thinking this is what I get for letting you all out and being nice.  And you know what Cash was attacking Rodeo over?  An unfrozen puddle.  Apparently, everything has been frozen for so long that at the first sight of thawing, my dogs go nuts.  I'll have to double check and make sure my husband gave them the right amount of water before he went to bed as well.  (I fill up everyone's bowl, my husband prefers to go on the lighter side of things because there's less accidents but I know I wouldn't want to be without water if I was thirsty so that's my view of it)  I can't even be sick without being surrounded by chaos. 

After I got home from everything yesterday, I asked Shawn if we could go to Hacienda for chips and ranch Being as I sounded pitiful, he said ok.  (it was 9 at night)  I ended up getting a small margarita and felt a thousand times better afterwards.  And I like getting to see the servers there that I am friends with outside of their work.  There are quite a few up there that we love dearly and wouldn't trade them for anything.  We make friends in the weirdest places but they end up being the best friends you could ask for.  It really feels like family over there, maybe distant family, but still family.  Every year, if we know one of them may be home alone on a holiday, we invite them to our house.  This is more grandpa's tradition than ours.  (no he didn't go to random restaurants and ask who was lonely) If anyone ever mentioned around him that a friend of theirs would be home alone on a holiday he'd say well bring 'em on over.  My grandfather felt that no one should be alone on holidays but especially not on Christmas.  I'm sure this is a tradition that will keep going throughout theyears.  It's one I don't plan to break.  I'm the type of person that LOVES the house to be overflowing with people and we haven't had that as much over the years, as we can all be together only here and there.  (distance)  I don't think my mom is as much a fan of the overflowing house.  ;) I think it's overwhelming to her but I love having different people to talk to, conversations to jump into and fun to be had.  That's one of the only reasons I liked holidays with my dad's family was that the house was always full.  You could always count on people to be everywhere.  Hopefully, my kids will love it as much as I do or they're going to dislike their childhood somewhat.  This may be the reason I want more kids than my husband would ever want.  I would like to have three of my own and adopt one or maybe two more.  They would be out of country adoptions and mostly likely from China, at least the first.  The second I wouldn't mind adopting from Africa but I don't know how easy that is.  I would adopt from inside the states except for two things, these kids need homes more (in China they literally leave babies in a room to die because there's no food to feed them, there are so many orphans, mostly girls because girls can't work, boys can) secondly, it's takes years and years to get a baby in the US and I absolutely do not want a Caucasian baby.  Everyone who can afford to adopt is typically white.  My family is not primarily white.  I am the only white one in this house and I like it.  I love that my daughter has a different culture than I do.  What does Caucasian culture have?  Well if you look at the last three hundred years or so, we've taken other human beings as slaves, gave the Native Americans small pox wiping out entire tribes.  I'm glad there is something else that she can look to in her heritage than that.  Yes white people did good things here and there too but I'm not talking about those right now.  And I wouldn't love my adopted child any less than my birth children.  But I doubt that will happen unless I win the lottery and trick my husband somehow.  Well, I'm done.  Why am I even still going on and on when I should be laying down killing germs off of my body? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Lord woman, what type of cold pills are you taking!  LOL!  I sure hope you feel better soon.  Yes men are useless sometimes aren't they?  My ex likes to peel off his dirty socks, wad them up and throw them across the room just to piss me off.  He did alot to piss me off which is why he is an ex!  

Anonymous said...

Ah, men...seems they are all cut from the same mold!!!  Hubby will feel guilty and go on a spree and help for an hour or so and then it is over, LOL.  If I were to adopt it would be from another country, culture as well.  I have a preference towards Russians ~ I don't know why but I would consider adopting a Russian child.  The plight of the worlds children is so sad, when I see some of the things on TV I just want to go get them and bring them home.  What a world we live in.
xxx
Lisa

Oh....I hope you start feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Doc is doing something in the house right now...(I'm not asking, because inevitably it's going to be something I have to do over)....it only happens once in a blue moon and I hide to keep from getting worked up over it. So does Pickles she's under the computer table now.

I'm dying to see Spiderwick every since I saw the previews. Sounds like it's going to be awesome. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

OH shoot, Shelby loved all the Jurassic Park movies! That first one, I think she was like what? Three? She loved it!! It never phased her all the roaring and stomping and eating people...she loved all the action. Movies never scared her. I feel for you being sick and having to look around and see what you are in for when you feel better. When your sick it just makes you wonder why you do any of it at all and you just wish it would all go away. Hope you feel better soon! Hugs, Kelly