Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ta Daaaaa

I made a very big faux pa last night.  I was trying to do a hundred things at once, all while watching movies on the ipod.  I didn't realize what I had done till late this afternoon.  I awoke with a sticky feeling in my eyes, figuring I just had a hair or something in there overnight, I just went about my day.  It wasn't until I went to put in my contacts that I realized what had actually happened... I had never removed them in the first place.  This can actually be very dangerous and I knew a girl in high school who took her contacts out the next morning, only to lose all the pigment in her eyes.  She had to wear contacts for the rest of her life, even if she were to get laser eye surgery or else she would have on eye without color.  Luckily, I have asked my eye doctor what I should do if this ever occurred and she told me not to take them out immediately, rather put wetting drops in and let them take effect and after an hour or so, remove them.  I have never left my contacts in overnight and was shocked when I realized what I had done.  I had to search for half an hour to find my glasses as I never wear them, ever.  They not only give me migraines but are also not what I would've picked out.  My husband was with me as I was trying on glasses and when I found the pair I was in love with, he made a face, thus I put them back.  They were very groovy 60's style glasses.  These still have a bit of 60's style but not as much as I would've liked.  My husband's style is not quite as funky as mine and he prefers the normal to the extreme.  I like a little of both and if I had to choose, I would choose the extreme. 

I am watching Becoming Jane (for once not on the ipod).  It's about Jane Austen's life, again not a huge fan of these movies but it has Anne Hathaway in it and I love her.  She is what young girls SHOULD be looking up to in terms of celebrity.  Instead they look up to women like Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan.  Ms. Hathaway doesn't do all the partying that these girls insist on, she's not parading around like a hooker in Vegas, not to mention that she's a pretty good actress.  3:10 to Yuma was a really good movie.  There have been other westerns that I've liked more but this one was pretty good as well.  I also watched Rob Zombie's Halloween the other night and didn't think it was terribly good.  I suppose compared to the other Halloween movies, it was a little more scary but on today's scare scale, it wasn't much.  I have been watching a great deal of movies lately.  Usually at night, I either read or play computer games, I must have needed a change of pace. 

My husband is once again staying home from work today.  I find this frustrating as his is the only source of income.  He says he doesn't feel well and I hear we're going to be broke.  As it is, we've only been doing the grocery store stuff twice a month.  I can't wait to be out from under this house.  It's a good learning experience for the next home but I would like to be done with it now.  I've learned my lesson, now let me start over.  If only I could win a bunch of money.  ;)  We all know how lucky my family is when it comes to money falling into our lap.  Being an adult sucks.  Too bad I didn't listen to my parents when they told me that for all those years.  You think when you're young that anything is better than being stuck under the "man."  You feel trapped and as if your decisions are made for you.  It couldn't possibly be as hard as it sounds but it is. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes being an adult does suck, your hubby needs to grow up!  I hope your eyes are ok.  Linda

Anonymous said...

So do you buy the movies to watch on your ipod or do you rent them?  I do have a video ipod.  And I have purchased some tv shows I missed and watched them.  But never any movies.
I agree with you about Ann Hathaway.  She is a very upstanding young lady.  And I love her movies.

Anonymous said...

Ooops I forgot to mention I once left my contacts in over night.  I did take them out as soon as I realized they were still in.  I didn't know I wasn't supposed to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
That settles it, I'm never wearing contacts.  That story of the person you knew who took out the pigment of her eye is just downright scary.  I cringe just thinking about it.  Can you just imagine?  "Whoops, silly me, I seem to have misplaced my pigment ..."
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I wouldn't want to lose the pigment in my eyes.  I had never heard of that!  I can wear mine all of the time but always take them out when I sleep - my eyes are so dry in the morning it feels like they are ripping my eyeball out when I try take them out.
xx
Lisa