Friday, February 29, 2008

What a day

I think I am addicted to LOLcatz.  It's where I got the pictures from a few weeks ago with the cats and animals + funny captions.  I could look at them all day just waiting to find one funnier than the last.  My friends are aware of my addiction as I've started being a "pusher".  They receive them in their mailbox now.  *sigh*

As if this whole ordeal with the gun and my husband couldn't get any more ridiculous.  We had this whole fight and he hadn't even bought the gun.  Can you believe that?  I just found out today.  I was like do you know how much easier this whole thing could've been on you if you had just said that to begin with instead of lying and saying you'd already bought one??  You = stoopid man.  He had a deposit on one, which he was going to purchase this weekend.  I swear I just want to throw up my hands sometimes!

It was a very long day.  I was woken up by my husband saying you need to get out of bed, I just called the cops.  Uh, I didn't realize my sleeping late was that big of a problem that we needed to turn it into a domestic dispute.  Our neighborhood has been seeing a rise in break ins lately.  My husband was unaware of this because, well, I didn't tell him.  He would just worry and it would add more fuel to the gun idea.  When he pulled into the driveway, he saw footprints from our neighbors front window, across our yard, up to our other neighbors window.  (thank god for snow for once huh?)  The officer who responded to the call has been working on these break ins and said the foot print was damn near the same size as the ones from the previous break ins.  Whoever it was never came up to our house.  The officer at first thought maybe it was the gas company but he took one of our bills and called them to check, they haven't been out here since beginning of January.  (ours is done every three months)  Now our house is on a list of houses that are driven by randomly by police officers during the day.  Shawn asked if there was anything we could do and the cop said let me put it to you this way.  'I leave my patrol car parkedoutside and my next door neighbor was robbed.'  They are doing this in broad daylight, taking whatever they can grab easily.  It doesn't matter if they think you're home or if you have dogs.  One house had two large saint bernards and somehow these guys manage to get in and out without being eaten.  Thankfully, there's no amount of food that will prevent Molly from eating an intruder.  My voice or my husband's is the only one she will listen to and then sometimes, not even that.  The only thing odd that I noticed this morning (yes it happened in the MORNING, my neighbor comes home during her lunch to let out her dogs and noticed the tracks but thought it was the gas company) was that Molly would NOT stay out of the window.  I have a black blanket over it to block out any sun so it's obvious when she is looking outside.  No matter how many times I told her to go lay down, she would just get back up a few minutes later and look out again.  Normally if she sees someone outside (even if they're walking half a block away) she will bark.  She didn't bark this morning but she was persistent.  The cop asked if we ever have people walk through our yard and my husband said the only tracks we've seen all winter were from the neighborhood bunny.  (and yes, we worry when we haven't seen his little foot prints in a few days)  By the time the cop left, I was late going to pick up Princess but knew they'd hang out for a while.  No.  No one was there and there was a note on the door saying to come on in but it wasn't for me so I wasn't just coming on in.  I sat in the driveway a few minutes before heading home (thankfully it's RIGHT down the road from me) to call their phones.  No answers over and over again.  I was pissed but thought maybe something happened.  I eventually got a hold of the persons house I was supposed to meet them at and he says he ain't seen her and that he'll have her give me a call if he does.  I got a call alright, two hours after I was supposed to meet her and at that time, I was at walmart getting a new tie out for Cash.  (he snapped his sometime today) By the time I got home it was after 8 and I told her I'd just pick the dog up on Saturday.  She was spayed today and had a tooth removed.  Hopefully that will speed up her milk drying up.  Maybe she even got a tummy tuck while there. 

I had to post this one.  I'm a big Lord of The Rings nut.  Hey, I even had a bird named Gollum! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything stays safe at your house.  That is scary!  The picture of Gollums day care is cute!  Linda

Anonymous said...

LOL everybodys naked here in this picture! Cute. :)

Anonymous said...

In another month we are getting the locks on our windows changed as well as a new front door (it's the old style doors with the entire center being pieceworks glass). All somone would have to do is knock out a pane and reach in and unlock the door. Our neighborhood is changing and it's becoming a little worrisome. So I know the feeling of worrying about someone breaking in. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Yikes ... Between the whole "gun" incident and now this you must be feeling a tad bit unsafe around the house.  Take care ... hang in there, I'm sure things will settle down soon.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

Love the pic!  Well I have to say I am stunned the cop took so much interest in this ~ your cops are different than the ones around here!  That would make me uneasy.  People just amaze me, get a freakin' job and pull your own wagon instead of stealing from other people.  Stay alert!
xxx
Lisa