Monday, February 25, 2008

Updates

I've already received a quick update from Doodle's new family.  Her new name is going to be Chance.  I don't know how she'll feel about that.  She sounds to be settling nicely.  We routinely send out an email after about a month asking how the new pet is doing and I still plan on doing that but I was happy to see that she wanted me to know how she was. 

I feel so behind on everything after being down for so long.  I've gotten all the rescue stuff caught up finally but I still feel like I've missed so much.  My mom came over this past weekend and picked up my house for me so it's not as in as bad of shape as it would've been. 

Nothing major happening recently.  Went to my mom's and made lasagne tonight.  Still debating on taking in another foster.  We just got in a gorgeous Shepherd mix that I'm considering.  I don't think we would have her long and that's basically what I look for in a foster.  I don't want to have a dog for six months.  Most of our dogs go in and out pretty quickly but you will have one or two that we just can't seem to place.  I'd like to go to the next shelter pull.  They tend to look at smaller dogs that are easy to adopt out and I'd like to give a few big dogs a chance.  I think the only way that will happen is if I'm there and volunteer to be the immediate foster. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she has a new home. It has to make you feel good to, to know she is going to have a forever home. I kind of liked the name Doodle. Oh well. Guess they can call her whatever they want, as long as they dont call her late to supper! LOL

Anonymous said...

I agree I liked the name Doodle's too. Chance is more like a male's name for a pug or boxer....Sounds like she is happy though. I think it's a great idea taking in the larger dogs for foster and giving them a heads up. People do tend to go for the smaller dogs. Pickles is 60lbs. I don't think I would want anything smaller for a working dog. She makes you feel safe as well as doing her job.....(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Hmmm ... from "Doodle" to "Chance."  I have to say, I think it's a bit confusing for dogs to suddenly change their name on them like that and "Doodle" sounds like a perfectly good name.
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

I don't agree with the name change but if she has a good home I guess that is a small price to pay.  It sounds hopeful since she emailed you already!
xx
Lisa