Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh what an evil, evil Child I have bore

You know, I only have four cats, so when one goes missing, I tend to notice it.  Especially if he's a large white cat with a lion cut.  I searched high and low for this cat, in every single room.  I was thinking he snuck into one of the rooms while I was in there and then I shut the door, thus locking him in.  I was calling and calling, yet nothing.  Finally I gave up and came back to bed to finish some emails.  I heard MeOw... MeOw.  It was Willow, our tabby.  I told her to shut the hell up.  Then MeOeOw, MeOeOw.  Ok, that was Jake, the orange tabby.  What the hell is wrong with you cats.  I get up and start down the hallway and think, 'he couldn't have?' They cats are circling the door to a closet at the end of the hall.  Have I ever mentioned that my daughter has a real evil streak in her.  She locks animals in cabinets, drawers, anywhere that she can get them to willingly go.  Then Jasmine runs off and goes to play.  Yes, well she locked my poor Isaiah in the CLOSET.  He had made himself a nice comfy bed out of my curtains.  The worst one of the these where Jasmine is being evil was when I wasn't home, I was doing an adoption event.  Jasmine and Shawn had been making themselves lunch when somehow the door to one of the cabinets got opened (I keep the childproof lock on it so she can't get in there and drag everything out).  Jasmine says, Daddy I can't do it, you shut it.  (meaning she can't work the lock to close the cabinet)  My husband goes and locks the door.  I get home hours later and I'm looking EVERYWHERE for Sweety.  I'm really freaking out, she's getting older and she's fat, what if she went and died somewhere.  And then my daughter hears who I'm talking about and I swear, you could actually see the light bulb come on over her head.  Oh, Mommy, Weety is in there.  Points to the LOCKED cabinet.  My husband busts out laughing.  (now realizing that he was an accessory to this crime) Poor little Sweety was trying to sleep amongst pots and pans.  She has locked so many animals in so manyweird places that it would take days to recap them all.  Or, you'll go to her and ask her first where the cat is and she'll tell you, kitty bad, kitty on time out.  LMAO Ok, now WHERE is kitty on time out.  Over there.  (Points to cabinets under fish tank)  This kid is TOO much.  ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is funny, poor little kitties!  LOL!

Anonymous said...

Poor cats.  But that is funny.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure with you for a mother, she will eventually outgrow this stage and embrace them as much as you do....we can hope (winks)! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Poor kitties....I bet they can't wait until she gets older and outgrows the locking up phase (hopefully!).
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that's funny (albeit, at least you and your husband are on to her now!).  My cats are white, and I notice if even one isn't out and about.  Then again, when I open my daughter's dresser draws, shhhhh as my daughter hates that, I leave them open until whichever cat reemerges from a nice nap in amongst the pajamas:)  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

Poor cats! They will have to learn to steer clear of her if they want to keep their freedom I reckon.