Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Just another week

My husband came home sick from work.  He was throwing up and felt flu-ish.  I'm not sure if it's the flu or just what he usually has.  It happens about once a year, he throws up on and off for 24 hours the sleeps another 24 and then he's fine like nothing happened.  He's been tossing and turning all night, trying to keep the rest of us awake.  A part of me once to kick him out to the other bedroom but I know how pissed I'd be if rolls were reversed. 

After watching the book club movie (which was REALLY good by the way), I watched Little Miss Sunshine.  It was a cute movie but I expected a little more considering all the hipe it got last year.  Just finished the Brave One, very good movie.  Lots of action but still made me cry for my own reasons.  I just started 3:10 to Yuma but I'm going to have to put the ipod on the charger before long. 

Lost the two parakeet babies today.  Not real sure what happened.  Birds don't tend to show illiness until it's too late to do anything about it.  I only have the male, Romeo left now.  I'm going to try and put him in with the cockatiel's and see if they can all get along.  I'm about finished with birds now, seeing as how I've lost four in under a year. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you lost your parakeets.  You hubby sounds like he has a stomach bug alright.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you lost the babies hon! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
Hmmm ... your husband is having stomach problems and you've "lost" two parakeets.  Do I detect a hidden connection here?  I hope he's not mumbling "tastes just like chicken" in his sleep!
Best,
Marty