Friday, February 29, 2008

Mace, Check, 100,000vlt stun gun, Check

After everything that has transpired over the last 24 hours, I will admit.  I'm scared.  The officer said once your home has been violated in that way, even if  you were never home, you will never feel safe again.  Therefore, I'm looking up information on pepper sprays vs tear gas sprays and tasers/stun guns.  I emailed my husband and said I want this for a present.  It was a pepper spray mixed with the tear gas and it foams on contact.  My husband asked the officer about these and having children around them and he said there is no way a child can get it open and use it at the same time.  He says he has difficulty getting them open.  It will still be put up but I want to feel a little safer on my walk to my car at night.  I'm a little tired of feeling like my only weapon is the key that is poised between my fingers ready to strike.  I need a little more reassurance than that.  I'm actually going to get at least two of the sprays, one that fits in my purse and the other a much larger one for in the house.  If they try to wipe the spray off their face, the pepper grinds into their skin and eyes.  The pepper spray effects them immediately, while the tear gas spray takes a few seconds to kick in, by combining them both you have a sure fire way to get some time to get away.  I may not allow a gun in here but you better believe I'm going to have an arsonel of other fire power.  But while looking at these things, I'm seeing all this stuff that is basically being put out there FOR the criminals.  Gas masks, concealed knives, etc.  I'm like well if I buy anything from this place, I might as well be handing over the knives to who ever is going to break into my home.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  One this is for SURE, I'm getting some mace.  I just hope I don't mace the guy who was just asking for directions to Starbucks.  I'll stay away from Santa Monica, promise.  ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of ours girlfriend carries a stun gun in her pocket, wherever she goes. When we went walking on the Silver Comet Trail she pulled it out of her pocket to show us as we got to talking about stuff like that. I was like, WOW, she is ready. Pretty good. I am sorry your security of home has been shattered. I know how that feels. We had a rough time of it at the old house in the city. Ian had over a thousand dollars worth of tools stolen from under the carport...he was SHOT at down the road going to one of his soccer games when he played...shot out the car window, but didnt hit him, thank GOD. Kids, about 15 or so, just standing on the side of the road...decided he was that days target. :( There were other houses broken into all around us too. Thankfully it never happened to us. Hope you can settle back in and be comfortable at home. Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
LOL (not about the mace, but about your reference to Starbucks in Santa Monica).  Actually, your neighborhood is starting to sound scary.  Maybe a few days in Santa Monica would do you good.  And don't worry about the mace, bring it along.  You could aim it at the Paparazzi ...
Best,
Marty

Anonymous said...

I have a combination of pepper spray, mace & UV dye which i carry around with me most times when I am out walking the farm after dark.   I think it's a good idea to have something if you aren't going to have a gun, which with a child in the house I don't blame you for that.  
xxx
Lisa