Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sometimes Gravity is a Bitch

I'm thinking I might just go to bed early tonight.  Jasmine fell asleep a half hour ago, the animals are all taken care of and there's no movies I wish to watch.  Basically, I'm bored and sleeping seems fun in a strange kind of way. 

My little brother (I like still being able to say little even though he's 20 and towers over me) broke his hand today.  He's going to feel like the back end of a donkey when he goes to work tomorrow and they ask how it happened.  He fell... up the stairs.  Now, I think I've only done this once or twice, however I've seen my brother do it a number of times.  He seems to have no problem when gravity is on his side and helping him down the steps but going up is a whole other story.  Now there are two out of the three people living at my mom's with a broken appendage, my brother and grandmother.  (xmas grandma broke her wrist)  I think I may be staying away from the cursed house from hell for a while. ;) 

Yesterday, I asked my husband to scratch my back.  He must have decided to take this job really seriously as he scratched half a mole off.  If you don't have moles, you're lucky because they hurt like a bitch when they have been scratched, cut or partially removed.  It's far more painful than if it had been your typical piece of skin.  I mean I was planning on having it removed and all but I was going to have a licensed professional take care of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poor brother, I have fallen up stairs though myself.   Oh my gosh, talk about power scratching...whoa, to take part of a mole off!!!  I bet that does hurt.  Maybe you would be better off with one of those funky back scratchers you can buy.  LOL
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I think I've actually mastered the art of falling up stairs....I'm blame it on the fact I'm big chested...the momentum from the girls pulls me forward (winks) (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,
I'm trying to imagine someone falling "UP the stairs."  It almost evokes images of "Mary Poppins" sliding UP the banister.  Did he sort of trip on a step on his way up and propel himself upwards?!?  That's the only explanation I can think of ... unless somehow gravity doesn't apply to your brother!
Best,
Marty