Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Buggy

Not much really new today.  Cleaned out all the foster kitties cages.  I sure wish I knew whether there was a shelter or if I'm a part of the shelter anymore.  The shelter's computer has been down and I haven't had any contact with anyone over there in almost two weeks.  We're going to the store tomorrow to buy all the animals their food and litter.  I have to buy all new bird food (besides Ellie's) because I have seed eating bugs.  They've actually eaten all my bird food.  It's all just empty shells.  Bastards.  I've gotten many good tips on how to get rid of them though.  Since I buy bulk bird food, most of the time, it comes with bugs.  I'm supposed to freeze the bird food which will kill the little buggers.  I hate killing things but as long as I don't actually see any bugs, then I don't actually know there's a bug in there... right?  I can force myself to believe that... I think... I hope.  The last time I had these bugs, I just left them be and then my birds died of old age.  Well, I felt bad killing the bugs... um... *embarrassed grin* so I kept buying small amounts of bird seed to keep them alive.  Hey, they stayed in their little home.  It was sealed shut and I gave them the occasional drops of water.  I know, I'm messed up.  DH thought I was weird for that but allowed me to keep my bug hill.  Last winter though, I had a huge prego banana spider on my porch.  She gave birth to two huge sacks.  I begged him to let me bring the sacks in for the winter so the babies wouldn't die but he wouldn't let me.  The momma spider died of natural causes shortly after giving birth, otherwise I would have been bringing her in the house.  Needless to say, the babies were all dead after winter.  See, so if you ever think you're weird, come back to my journal and I'll give you reasons to think you're quite normal.  *Grin*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you're doing for all of these animals is so nice! I fostered a few litters of kittens before, but that's about it. I'd like to do something like that again, but I need to move into a house first! If I had an apartment full of animals, it would proabably drive the landlords crazy. :)