Thursday, February 5, 2004

Not much new

Soon the budgies will be introduced to the rest of the flock.  I'm sure it will be a very noisy introduction.  The only bird I have that is quiet, is my little senegal, Ellie.  I'm thankful everyday that at least one of them is quiet.  This weekend we're going to have to go get more perches and such.  I need to move some of the budgies into a new cage before they kill eachother.  It's hard to know who gets along with who since they're in such a small cage.  I wish I had another cockatiel cage, then they could all stay together. 

This weekend we'll be bringing the goat, Belle, into the house for a hoof trimming.  She's long overdue and with temperatures being what they are, there's just no way we can comfortably do it outside.  I'll be putting all the breakables away before she comes in. 

The cat, Sweety, with the hurt eye seems to be doing better.  She pouted for a few hours after we flushed her eye but eventually got over it.  I was really worried she would have to go to the vet and we so cannot afford it right now.  When we get our tax check back we'll be taking DH's border collie into the vet.  She's been missing hair around her for months now.  We were hoping it would just go away on it's own but no such luck. 

Ellie has yet to say anything or even attempt to.  She can do the dog call whistle.  I don't know what it's called.  One person on one of my yahoo groups called it the backwoods whistle.  (weee ooorrrr weeeet) I've tried getting her to do the wolf whistle but she'll only do that when we're not in the room.  I just happened to pass the bird room one day and heard her doing it perfectly.  I'm getting ready to give her a bath right now.  In other words, I take a shower and she stands on the curtain rod and hopes not to get wet.  She thinks she'll melt if the water touches her. 

 

No comments: