Sunday, February 1, 2004

Letter to The Group

I'm writing this letter in hopes of understanding our list owners reasoning.  I wrote a letter this evening, asking for help on finding a pet.  I never said anything against ANYONE and yet, she will not send my letter on past herself.  I don't think this is fair, so I decided to send it on anyway, without her and to send her response to my letter as well.  I think everyone has a right to know that their opinions and views do not matter to the list owner, only hers.  If you have an opinion or view that differs from hers, she will not post your letter to the list.  I said I wouldn't buy from a breeder.  I didn't say, I have anything against breeders or that breeders should be put out of business, I just wanted to save a purebred that is already born out there and needing a forever home.  I thought that was what this list was about.  Saving animals but apparently our list owner doesn't feel that way.  And I thought we were supposed to be respectful of others feelings and opinions AND treat the person themselves with respect.  I guess she forgot the No Flaming rule.  Now, had one of us called another "obnoxious" we could have been terminated from the list and would have gotten a warning from the list owner herself.  The rules apparently don't apply to her.  Guess it should state that in the rules so the rest of us are forewarned.  Thank you for reading this.  I just wanted to warn all the other good people out there that are just trying to do a good thing.  Careful what you say about breeders to this woman and be careful what you say on this list in general.  Jamie

No comments: