Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Ewwww

This is actually an addition to the last entry but I went over the 2500 limit, go figure.  By the end of the day, I'm going to have ten entries just for one day at the rate I'm going.  I'm working on an icky job today.  I've been putting this off for weeks now and it's finally just time to do it and get it over with.  The fish tanks have needed their filter thing cleaned for a while.  ICK!  I finished one since I've been up.  Now I just have to do the really disgusting one.  The tube that the water goes up, always gets gunky on the inside and it's a pain to get all that crap out.  All the while, I'm looking prissy, trying like hell not to get any of the gunk or water that comes out of it.  My brother got up for school and was like, what are you doing?  My 20 gallon tank, is wonderful.  It's always clean and if you didn't actually see the fish, you'd think there wasn't any in there because it's that clean.  My 10 gallon on the other hand, is always nasty.  I can never keep it clean.  I don't know if it's the filter or the fish.  I've got 6 female betas in the 10 gallon, a sucker fish, and 3 kuli loaches.  The other tank, there's 5 hi-fin sharks, 4 tetra's and a sucker fish.  I think I'm going to get a snail for the ten gallon.  I just hope the kuli loaches let him leave long enough to let him do his job.  Loaches eat snails in the ocean and they love them as a treat in captivity.  Now, I don't really like to put something in the tank, full well and knowing that it's going to be killed but I have to do something.  Well, I'm off to finish the other tank.  I'll be back later.  Ewwwwwww.

P.S. If you're a regular, and I've failed to put you on the "other journals" part of my journal, please leave me a comment and I'll be sure to do it soon.  I'm horrible when it comes to putting journals on there!  I'm sorry to all of you that I've so far neglected!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wanted a fish tank but hubby won't let me get one,,,so maybe when Sean gets old enough he'll want one so it will be 2 against one!

Anonymous said...

Yup, I know what you mean about putting off those kind of chores. My cats litter box needs a good scrubbing and fresh litter, gerbils habitat needs to be emptied and new litter put in that. I suppose today would be a good day to do them. (sigh)
*lila* :-)

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I also added you to my journal list a couple days ago, too! ~Erica~