Sunday, February 1, 2004

My First Letter

  My Letter

I never thought I'd be posting looking for cat through this list.  I figured I'd always just be posting cats needing homes.  But my mom asked me to help her find a cat.  Unfortunately I'm having the hardest time locating any rescues that specialize in these cats.  Sooooo, I thought my good Persian friends could help.  I'm looking for a Birman, pure breed or mix, doesn't matter.  As long as it has the Birman "look."  Does anyone know of any rescues that do these cats or anyone that is looking to place a Birman?  We will NOT buy from a breeder and will look for as long as it takes to give a good cat a good forever home.  We have no preferences other than it be a Birman look-a-like.  Thanks everyone!

List Owners Response

I salute your willingness to rescue, but have you considered how
obnoxious your statement sounds to most of us who are or have been
breeders? Or how irrational it is? Purebreds are a MINISCULE part of
a % of the 71 million cats in the USA. If you want a Birman, you
better thank breeders.. since there would be NO Birmans without
breeders!

However, I suggest you not make such an obnoxious statement to them
either.

Linda

No comments: