Wednesday, January 2, 2008

3 to Be

I might actually have been approved by a rescue to adopt two ferrets.  It's extremely difficult for me to get animals from shelters because of the amount of animals I currently own.  I talked to the rescue today and she sounded opptomistic about the adoption and I'll hopefully meet up with her this weekend or the middle of next week.  She has a male and female that have to go together.  Knowing my luck, I'll be approved and Bindi will hate one or both of them. 

We have gotten over 25 inches of snow since New Year's Eve and it's still snowing.  Thankfully, all that wintery mess will melt up next week when we have 40's.  Of course, it'll still be a mess, just a slushy, muddy mess. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pending adoption, I hope it goes through for you.  Our rescues and shelters are the same way with people who have a lot of animals.  Based on some of the horrors this year with people who were "collectors" and the animals were in horrible shape, I guess it can be a good thing.  They have to evaluate each case rather than just say no, in my opinion.  The snow couldn't melt fast enough for me!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope you get the adoption. Keep us posted. It is a cold muddy mess here too.