Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Waaaaah Wah

I cannot stand that SOB.  He drives past my house every morning and every morning I have to hear waaaah wah.  He drives a semi and he has family or something that live across the road from me and for whatever reason, he seems to think they enjoy hearing waaaaah wah every morning.  Stupid semi horn blowing guy.  Ok, I'm done with pouting now. 

I meant to do this on the last entry but I had forgotten and now I'm glad I didn't because the last one had a happier feel and this is not a happy subject.  I went on peta's website tonight.  I do this from time to time but not frequently as it makes me feel guilty for eating steak, chicken, pork chops... animals.  And now I'm not sure if I CAN eat those things ever again.  I LOVE meat.  I went vegatarian for a year sometime in the beginning of my relationship with my husband... it was probably about five or six years ago.  I did really good for that year.  I didn't even crave meat.  But I was starving for nutrition.  I don't eat a lot of fruits and vegatables.  I can literally go through them easily here; potatoes, green beans, carrots, corn and I think that covers the vegatables onto fruits; banana's.  Yeah I'm a healthy one. ; )~  Therefore, I wasn't getting any of the vitamins and minerals that I would normally get from meat.  My iron was ALWAYS low and then when I cut meat out of it, I had to take 65mg of iron a day.  Reccomended daily does for people with anemia is 27mg.  I wasn't getting much if any protein.  I would have a pb sandwich once a week but I don't think there's quite that much protein in peanut butter.  One day, my mom was out making cheeseburgers on the grill for herself and the boys and I just HAD to have MEAT.  I don't know what came over me.  I felt like a lion that had been on vegatables for weeks and had just gotten my first wiff of red meat.  I walked up casually and said I'll have one too.  My mom's head about snapped off her neck she looked at me so fast.  You, meat?  Just do it, I must have meat.  It took me about 2.5 seconds to eat the cheeseburger and from then on, I went back to being an omnivore.  I don't know how much longer that will last after the things I saw last night.  At times I literally put my hand across the screen so that I wouldn't have to witness quite that much... well I don't want to say anything if you don't want to know and would like to continue to eat as an omnivore.  So, I will post the link below and you have your choice as to what you do or do not watch.  I will tell you that it is videos of the animals you eat, pigs, chicken, cows, ducks, turkeys, ect.  You watch them from when they are still at the farm to when they get to the slaughterhouse.  And you can decide to watch just one, you don't have to watch all of them if after one, you've seen enough.  For me it was like watching a car wreck, I couldn't stop.  I watched them all and lost my appetite real fast.  At this point and time though, I feel like I wouldn't be helping the cows at ALL if I didn't go vegan or at least partially vegan. (nothing from cows at all) No milk, no cheese, no butter.  I just don't know how much I can do.  It will all depend on how quickly my brain can push all that to the back of my head and I can eat meat without guilt... ok with the same amount of guilt I had before I saw THAT. 

http://www.goveg.com/

There will be a thing on the left side that says meet the animals.  Click on which animal conditions you would like to see and it will play for you. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't eat meat..I can't bring myself to do it.  I know what goes on and I've seen it before and that was enough for me.  It would send me into a tailspin for days and I know how weak that sounds but I just can't see things like that.   I do have chicken sometimes but I only buy chicken endorsed by the humane society (springer mtn farms is the one I get).  I am enemic and have been given a script for iron pills but I don't take them.  I do drink milk (1%) but don't eat eggs and I do have cheese.  I should take a vitamin but I don't.  I know my diet is the reason I tend to passout a lot ~ I get shaky & weak and just fall over.  I don't comdemn anyone who does eat meat ~ personally I just can't do it, not that once in a while I don't want a cheeseburger or burrito or something with meat but the craving passes.  I do wonder though how many people would still eat meat if they had to kill it, clean it and prepare it themselves.....I think the number would be cut down considerably.  Don't beat yourself up, you do a hell of a lot of good and that can't be taken away whether or not you choose to eat meat.
xxxx
Lisa