Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sleep... slllleeeeeeep

I am so tired.  I ended up only getting two hours of sleep.  Doesn't it seem like when you need to fall asleep the most, you just can't seem to get comfortable?  I spent five hours doing the adoption event.  First hour was uncomfortable but after that I felt like I belonged so it went well.  We adopted out several dogs but I don't think any cats went out.  I go to pick up my foster tomorrow before my game.  She is a two year old labradoodle.  (labrador/poodle mix)  She's black and I probably won't have her longer than I'd say a week or two.  They go fast.  We just got her in at the beginning of this week.  I fell in love with one of our smaller dogs today.  He's a Chihuahua but looks like a very tiny pit bull.  It's cute to see a big dog face on a teeny dog.  After the adoption event I had to race home to get changed to go out to eat with some friends of ours and then go back to their house and watch a movie.  I got to cuddle with their 75lb. pit bull through most of it.  She laid on me while I was laying on the couch.  She's so heavy that my ribs still hurt. 

That's their pit, Dipstick above.  (her tail looks like a dipstick so they call her dippy) She's the reason we ended up getting Rocky because we were so in love with her.  She is really a great, laid back dog.  Also the reason why I am so adamant that pit bulls can be great family dogs and non aggressive in the right hands.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been that way for weeks now. I haven't slept a whole night in forever it seems. Dipstick is a beautiful sweetheart. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the adoption event went well for you and you fell into place quickly. It's good to hear you had some dogs find new homes, too bad the cats didn't have such luck.  Dipstick is gorgeous - she looks like she would be kind.  Sorry to hear you aren't getting any sleep, yeah..when we have to or want to sleep seems we never can.  My problem isn't falling asleep, it's the damn vivid nightmares I have.  Get some good sleep lady!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a pretty dog! Good to hear you got some dogs adopted out. Get some rest now, you deserve it. :)