Monday, January 7, 2008

Have you looked out your window today?

First of all, my grandma's surgery went fine.  She could even move her fingers today!  The break in her wrist was just horrendous so it's shocking that after the surgery she could move at all.  We'll probably head to my mom's tomorrow to see her.

What is going on the with the weather???  I know I'm not the only one experiencing this as I have visited others journals who lived across the country seeing record breaking weather.  We had a high of 65 today.  In northern Indiana in January, that is unheard of.  We also had a tornado watch today that will continue through tomorrow I'm sure as we are supposed to have very bad storms tomorrow night.  (we have flood warnings in effect till then too) Did I fall into a coma and miss winter?  I can't step out the door without soaking my shoes.  For whatever reason, the water doesn't drain so well right there and there's no way to avoid it all.  If it doesn't go somewhere, next week it'll be ice.  If it stops raining before it gets too cold, I'm going to go out there and try and move some to the end of the steps/cement.  Poor dogs absolutely did not want to go outside tonight.  I can't say I blame them but they don't have much of a choice but to go out. 

I really should get to the doctor for my throat.  I had an appointment a week ago but missed it due to the snow we had.  (I wasn't about to risk my life over it) Now I don't want to call them in case I end up with someone wanting to lecture me on the reasons for calling and canceling.  I actually tried to call the night before but they don't have a way to cancel if the office isn't open and quite frankly, if I don't get to sleep till 7am, I'm not waking up special to call and cancel.  But this has been going on since the 21st of December and it's not going away on it's own. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear your grandma did well with her surgery, he is one tough lady!
Yeah, this weather is just nuts....it is in the high 60's today ~ no complaint but it was just 14 the other day.
Lisa