Thursday, January 24, 2008

Go ahead, make my day... wait stop, I've changed my mind

It's cold.  The snow won't stop falling.  And I've been cleaning up doggie diarrhea since the early hours of the morning.  Yes, on top of the madness that is kennel cough (sudden retching as if dog is dying) we also have several other sick dogs.  Tarin (one year old aussie male) seems to have gotten some kind of poisoning.  He is drooling really badly (very unusual for him) and considering his only other symptom is a mild loss of appetite, I think it's safe to say he probably ate a plant he shouldn't have.  He's otherwise happy to run like mad outdoors in the snow so it's ok to assume he'll live.  Savannah (four month old aussie female) started in with the diarrhea sometime around 3am.  She seems fine other than that so again, I'm going with she ate something she shouldn't have and is paying for it now.  (as am I)  They're like children, they all come down with something at the same time.  Now I'm just waiting patiently to see who will come down with kennel cough next.  On top of that, my doberman seems to have sores from his crate.  He has a dog bed and is out of the crate during the afternoon into the evening but still seems to have crate sores.  I swear I will not buy that dog a memory foam bed.  Really.

Want to apologize quickly for not commenting on any of your journals recently.  I've been reading them as regular but just don't seem to get around to the commenting part.  Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to postpone carpel tunnel syndrome as long as possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH come on! I bought Tip a memory foam bed! No really! They have them for sale at Jeffers Pet Supply online...didnt even cost that much either...no more than you would pay for a nice bed. It has a slipcover so you can wash it. Tip LOVES hers. Come ON mom! ;) Sorry you are having clean up duty all night...you must be exhausted. Get some rest, then order the bed! ;) Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

I've had days like that, where I swear I go from one hairball pile, to throw up and it's endless. The thing is with the cats, they all look at you like "I didn't do it" so it's a guessing game as to who is getting into what and if it's because they're pigs and not digesting their food right....I'm thinking dogs might make a bigger pile though.
As for Carpal Tunnel, no you don't want to have to deal with it. I have it and some days I swear from my elbows to my fingertips it's one raw nerve, stiff and numb as well.....My hands are incredibly cold from it. Doc swears my fingers feel like I left them in the freezer all day. If I wear my braces (yeah both wrist are affected) I feel like I have two medal clubs for arms, but they do give me feeling back in my hands for a while. ....(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor soul, i know all too well what it is like to be cleaning up messes through the night.  I hope everyone recovers quickly, for all sakes.
xxx
Lisa