Friday, January 25, 2008

Did I mention I DON'T own an SUV??

We're looking at transporting between 4 and 6 dogs on Saturday.  Five are shepherd mix puppies that will be up for euthanasia soon.  The last which is definitely going is a small poodle that is blind in one eye.  It's going to be a long two hours.  Not only will I have that many dogs in the car at once but my daughter as well.  What the hell have I agreed to?  At least we'll only have the dogs for two hours.  I was hoping to pick them up tomorrow (Friday) so that I don't have to go the opposite direction from Chicago (the shelter is just south of Chicago) but it's not looking promising since we're still not exactly sure how many dogs they can take.  She's looking for a foster for the last two shepherd puppies and if she finds one, we'll be at a six total. 

Taylor hasn't coughed at all today so I'm hoping we're at the beginning of the end.  I really didn't think it would past this fast but I'm not going to complain.  I just hope the other's don't come down with it.  The only thing we've had was a bloody nose from her nose being dry. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your going to be on the road Saturday you better make some time for you and get some good rest. You dont want to be exhausted and trying to drive. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite a trip.  Reading on for more details (I started with the last entry so I am working my way to current).
xxx
Lisa