Saturday, January 26, 2008

Off we go

Today is going to be miserable.  I haven't had any sleep and considering I have to get up in less than ten minutes, I finally just gave up on trying.  We're taking SEVEN dogs in my CAR.  First it was three, then six and then seven.  I wouldn't even have known about the seventh one till I got there if one of the girls hadn't emailed me and told me.  We have five GSD puppies, one fox terrier and a half blind toy poodle.  The GSD pups are not really small either, they're all around 15lbs.  We're going to try to get a crate at the shelter they are coming from and just shove them all in it.  (not the terrier or poodle) The poodle will sit on my lap and the terrier gets the floor in front of my feet.  I do end up having to drive an hour in the wrong direction to go GET the dogs and then drive back the other way towards Chicago.  I'm taking Jasmine's portable dvd player with us and a coloring book.  (thanks mom) I really wanted to get at least a few hours of sleep.  UGH.  If I had known that I wouldn't be getting ANY, I wouldn't have taken my sleeping pills.  *don't take unless you can devote a full 8 hours to sleep* oops  At least I know seven dogs won't be euthanized this weekend.  I might pass out from exhaustion.  I'm REALLY hungry and we don't have any money to stop and get anything.  Plus, I don't like fast food, let alone fast food breakfast.  I wonder if Arby's serves lunch all day.  My director suggested that since we'd already be in Chicago we should act like tourists and see the sights.  I replied with what money?  Everything in Chicago (at least downtown) is way more expensive than anything I can find in my own town.  Same stores, same products but more expensive there.  Well, three minutes till the alarm goes off, I should go get ready.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With as much as gas costs, you are lucky to have the money to take all these animals. Gas is so high, I dont see how regular folks can manage. You better make sure and get some rest tonight. You deserve it, and NEED it! Be careful out there today.

Anonymous said...

I know by now your back and probably exhausted! But to those 7 dogs your an angel. Because of you they are still alive. Thank you! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I hope it went well - can't wait to read on.  I loved Chicago when I visited - I would go back in a heartbeet but I won't fly soooooooooooo.....guess I'll be staying home!
xxx
Lisa