Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Green and Gold

I feel so sick at the thought of us going to the super bowl.  I know that seems ridiculous but if we go, it will very likely be against the unbeaten Patriots.  I have confidence in my team that under the right conditions, we could win against them but the sheer magnitude of what they have done this year could be a confidence breaker against some of our younger players.  I shouldn't get ahead of myself, we still have the Chargers this weekend.  Being a football fan really gets in the way of being a volunteer.  I was going to do Saturday's pet smart adoptions but I've had to switch to Sunday in order to see my game.  No way in hell am I missing a playoff game this late in the season.  And then if we win the super bowl, will Brett leave on a high note?  I want a REAL chance to see him live and in person.  I won't get that chance if he retires after this season.  Then again, maybe by going to the super bowl, it will show all those out there that he still has what it takes to be a contender in the NFL.  One thing for sure, if we go to the super bowl, I'm having one hell of a party.  But I won't be drinking.  I don't want to be some drunk idiot and then not remember any of the game.  And if we lose this weekend, well I will want nothing more than for the Chargers to go down in flames. (even though I do NOT want to see the Patriots have an undefeated season)  I obviously didn't win tickets to last weeks game with my essay.  The five finalists were all from Wisconsin (which I found a little bias) and a nun ended up winning overall. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn't win.  I am rooting for the Packers too, I would love to see them go to the Bowl and kick ass on NE.   I would love to see Brett in the SB too, he surely deserves, he is so cool!
xxx
Lisa